Subversion support

Hi,
as I just saw, you will drop SVN support in future versions of VP. PLEASE DON’T! That’s a major feature for us! Teamwork server IS NO OPTION for us, since we don’t want to install another server just for hosting VP files if we have already a working versioning system. And putting our data to the cloud is absolutely no option for us either!

Best regards,
Christian

Hi Christian,

I’ve sent you an email regarding to our discontinue of SVN support. Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

I could have written the same lines as the OP. Unfortunately this post was not answered in public. Self-hosting Teamwork server is not within our budget and our management won’t allow us to put our files into the cloud. So this quite the bummer for us. Please rethink this decision.

Hi henrik_m,

I’ve sent you an email regarding to our discontinue of SVN support. Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

What was the response to this please? - I was considering upgrading but need to use svn/ Git. I will not use Teamworkserver or Cloud solution… what did VP support revert with please?

Thanks

I can’t say, but you could always consider contacting them by sending them a request directly (follow the link). Of course they’ll most likely also spot your current message.

In the mean time I have started to experiment with plugins which you can use to provide extra features to the software. And there are some very good Subversion libraries for Java out there, so far so good. However, this is only in the planning / experimental stages so far.

But… if your main concern is revision control and you don’t share your work with others then it is possible to create a local vpository setup which you can then use to keep track of your work. This is provided free of charge with every VP edition (I easily got this to work with the Modeler license for example).

Of course if you have different needs (team based, remote repository, etc.) then this will probably not be sufficient.

Even so, I hope it could give you some ideas.