Supported Attribute Types for DB_VA PHP version?

Hi,

It seems that the only types I am allowed to assign to an attribute are just the primitive types, for example, String, int, float, boolean.

But why can’t I assign a non-primitive type, such as a class, like “Address” or “Money”, or some other class already defined in my diagram? Indeed, the application already allows us to select these non-primitive types, but when I try to generate PHP code I get an error saying that the attribute does not have a “supported type”.

What are the supported attribute types for the PHP version of DB_VA (please provide the list), and why can I not assign an attribute a type which is a class already in my diagram?

Thanks in advance!
E

Hi everbored,

This is because the object model is closely related to the data model, which end up relating to the database. Although for object model it is possible to have object types, it is not allowed in the database. Therefore only primitive attributes are supported for the attributes in the class diagram. For object references, please use association to link up the related classes.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Thanks, but I was wondering if you could provide me with a list of the allowed types, similar to section 6-5 in the designer’s manual but for PHP.

Thanks,
E

HI everbored,

The supported attributes types are the same as those for Java. We will help maps the types to database type.

Best regards,
Jick