SVN and class coordinates

Hello,

I would like to know if it’s possible to not commit in SVN all the information about the GUI (ex: classes position which may lead to conflict if too many persons change the position or for instance to show or not the multiplicity …)
It’s really annoying, so it will be great to configure VPUML to commit only relations, attributes of classes …

Thank you,

Hi Ame,

Thanks for your post. We will enhance the teamwork commit dialog box and will take your suggestion into consideration.

But we are interested to know why you have so many conflicts, for instance, on element position or show/hide multiplicity? Do you layout diagram frequently?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, we have so many conflicts due to the fact software engineers reorganize by hand class diagrams layout. Then some engineers want to see the multiplicity of a relation between two classes whereas some others think it will overload diagrams (too many information). So it will be great if those options could be stored locally and not obligatory committed.

Is it also possible to add an option for avoiding to commit information about database information (login/pass …)?
Indeed, when several engineers work with local database they add to reconfigure it each time after an update (when a commit has been done by another person).

Thank you,

Hi Ame,

Sorry for my late response. We will consider to support following local presentation options prior to the that in project, and I think this can resolve your problem on conflicts on multiplicity, roles, etc. when commit.

And for the database configuration, you can export the configuration from the Database Configuration dialog to XML file then import it back to the Database Configuration dialog (see image below).
But may I know why don’t you use the same configuration locally for difference engineers? This should be the better way to avoid this problem.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

import_export_db_config.png

Hi Lilian Wong,

our engineers do not use the same configuration locally because they had already set it up before using VP-UML and they thought database’s configuration wouldn’t have been committed on svn.

If it could have been stored locally only, it will have been great (I know it’s just a creation of a database account but if you can propose an option to VPUML users to commit or not the database’s configuration, it will be perfect.)

Thank you for your understanding,

Hi Ame,

Thanks for replying. We will consider to exclude database configuration during project commit in the future.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong