System hangs at "Checking System environment"

Nach der Installation hängt sich das System, beim “Checking System Environment” einfach auf. Ich habe jetzt auch die JREE 5.0 installiert und Netbeans 5.0 Beta, aber die Installation läuft nicht. Kann mir jemand helfen

Dear Anonymous,

Sorry for the problem. Thank you for your email. Would you mind telling me more details about your working environment, such as OS? And if possible, could you please send me the install log file and the error log file to have a look? You can find it inside the user temp directory named like install4JError* and suite_installer*.log. Thanks in advance!

You may send the files to my email address - jick@visual-paradigm.com

By the way, I would like to point out the fact that we do not support NetBeans 5 Beta at the moment.

Best Regards,
Jick

I have OS Windows XP Professional, JAVA SDK 1.4.2_7, JAVA JRE 1.4.2.8, JAVA JRE 1.4.2.7, JAVA JRE 5.0 Update 5.

I found no logfile in the specified directory or at the whole computer.

Sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

Dear Anonymous,

Thanks for the information, I have notified our engineers about this. At the moment, could you please try with the No-Install version instead? Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Anonymous,

We would like to diagnose the problem in further. Would you mind sending me a private message so that I could arrange a meeting with you to check the problem? Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Jick

I have the same problem at install time, running on SUSE Linux 9.3. I have tried various combinations of downloading or not downloading the help files, different directories, and so on, but it always just hangs at “Checking System environment”. If I click cancel on it, it warns me that I should let the check run and asks to confirm cancellation. No matter what I click, it just stays there at the “checking” screen. I can ctrl-c the shell I started it from to kill it, but afterward it doesn’t run. The symlinks are created, but it won’t run.

Then I tried the No Install version. That unpacked fine and I put it in place. However, it still has the same problem – even though it appears to be installed fine, it won’t run. If I execute /opt/Visual Paradigm2.1/launcher/run_vpuml, it just goes immediately back to a prompt. No error, no screens, nothing.
Deleting all my .vp* files in my home directory makes no difference. If I delete the .install4j directory in my home directory, then run it, I get a message that says “testing JVM in /opt/VP_Suite2.1/jre …” and then it goes back to the prompt just like before – no errors, no screens, nothing.

I presume these two problems are related, though I don’t know for sure.

In case it helps, I do have Visual Paradigm for UML 5.0 installed and it has been working fine. I can’t run it now, of course, since our license server has already been updated to the 5.1 key (I just get an “invalid license key” message if I try to run the 5.0 version now).

Any ideas? At this point, I can’t run either the old version or the new one, so I’m kinda stuck.

Dear Robert,

I notice that you have opened a ticket in our ticket system for this issue, so let’s continue our conversation there.

Best Regards,
Jick