Tagged Values of Model element type

Hi,

When starting to use the newest (3.4) version of VP Suite we encountered problem with tagged values. When we try to select an element which is nested withoin other element (for example Actor from a Model) the extend icon (typically “plus” sign) does not cause showing nested elements. Is it a problem with our environment, or a bug ?

Best regards, Artur

Hi Artur,

Thanks for your post. May I know are you talking about elements are missed in the model tree? If so, do you mean the Diagram Navigator or the Model Explorer?

Also, you mentioned “tagged values” in the beginning, do you want to show the tagged values in the model tree?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

Please find the scenario:
[1] I am trying to define the tagged value of Model Element type [image TV1],
[2] the display the model elements and try to expand the package to select one of the elements contained within it [image TV2]
[3] and got no elements [image TV3]

Best, Artur

TV2.jpg

TV3.jpg

TV1.jpg

Hi Artur,

Thanks for replying and the details. I’ve forwarded the details to our engineers to follow-up. If there is any feedback, I’ll notify you immediately. If there is anything I can help, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Artur,

I suspect that this problem is fixed already in our latest patch, could you please download the patch in the link below and see if it works?
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200810/Patch/20081026c/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_20081026c.exe

If the problem persists, please let me know!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

Sorry for responding so late. I understand improvement being done in this patch shall be available in further “publicly available” versions. If they are (I’m using build 20081120) the problem still exists and causes significant problems to us. Look forward for problem resolution ! :slight_smile:

Regards, Artur

Hi Artur,

Thanks for replying and I’m sorry about the inconvenience caused. We have a further investigation on this issue and deployed a new patch. Could you please try the latest patch in the following link and see if it can solve the problem?
http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200812/Patch/20081209e/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_20081209e.exe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

Thank you. Now it works fine.

Regards, Artur

Hi Artur,

That’s a good news! If there is anything I can help again, please feel free to have a post.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong