Task scheduling?

I am looking for the ultimate integrated tool, and v-p seems to come close. I am coming from the standpoint of Team Lead/Project Manager, and have grown very frustrated with entering Use Cases and so on in a UML tool, then having to pretty much re-enter the same things as tasks in a PM tool.

I notice that “Project Management” is listed as a feature that’s available with Teamwork Sever. But there are no details as to exactly what PM functions are included. What I would love is if I could find a tool in which Tasks are objects that can be associated with other elements. For example, in the planning stages of a new solution, use cases and operations are defined … this is the same list of tasks that need to be undertaken by the programmers, the same list of tests that need to be run by QA and so on. Of course, there are additional tasks (biweekly status reports, for instance) that are not programming related.

So here are my questions about Visual Paradigm’s “Project Management” claims:

1. Does “Project Management” with teamwork server include scheduling of tasks, gantt charts, personnel and other resource assignments?

2. If it does not, is the teamwork server a database repository to which I could connect using some other tool for live sharing of data between the design elements and the PM tool?

I’m very curious how others integrate task-management and scheduling with everything that goes on inside the design/diagramming/UML/db engineering tool…

thanks!

kazar

BIG BUMP! Sorry, am I the only one interested in full PM, or is there a way to integrate VP with something else, or do folks type all their requirements both into a PM tool for estimating/scheduling/overseeing the project, and then type them again as stories into VP?

thanks,

kazar

Hi Kazar,

Thanks for your posts. We are sorry that currently we do not support Project Management, but we will support this in the future. If there is any news about this issue, I’ll notify you at once.

Our Teamwork Server is not a database, and it can be connected with our products only.

if you have any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thank you Lillian – I very much look forward to hearing about a Project Management feature incorporated into v-p. At that point it would become a must-have tool for me!

kazar

Hi Kazar,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Kazar,

Sorry for my late notification on Project Management tool. Now we have a new software named A3 Platform (pronounced A-Cube Platform). You can get details about A3 Platform in our website ( http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/a3platform/ ), and we have the User’s Guide of A3 Platform at the following link:
http://resources.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/usrguide-a3.html

Please feel free to download the evaluation version of A3 Platform from the Download site of our website:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/download.jsp?product=a3platform

But at the moment A3 Platform cannot be integrated with VP client products, this is on our list and we will support synchronizing Requirements between VP clients and A3 Platform within this year.

Hope you will have a try to A3 Platform and give us feedback or even some suggestions.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Kazar,

I would like to let you know that current VP client can send the requirement to A3 Platform as Requirement - you simply need to right-click on the requirement in VP client and select A3 Platform > Send to Requirement to A3 Platform, then select the process cell of A3 Platform to place the requirement to.

Also, when you change the requirement in VP client or A23 Platform, you can right-click on the requirement in VP client and select A3 Platform > A3 Platform Linkage for synchronizing the requirement between VP client and A3 Platform (please refer to the attached image).
Currently we can only sync the name of requirement between A3 Platform and VP client, but we will support sync the text and other attributes of requirement in VP Suite 4.1 or later.

Feel free to contact me if there is any question.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

update_requirement.png