UML 2.0 support

Is there eny plans to upgrade to UML 2.0?

You can export a the UML 1.x project to xmi, create a new blank project with UML 2.0 standard and import the xmi project. You may find some trouble if in your activity diagram there are swimlane

Are there any plans to support UML constructs directly?

Dear Pat,

We have added support for UML 2.0 notations on new diagrams and activity/state diagrams. Other new notations will be supported later.

Regards,

Antony.

What level of UML 2.0 support is now in version 5 of VP UML?
I’m also looking a MagicDraw and wondering if there should be a reason to choose
Visual Paradigm over it.

Anthony

[quote=Pat]Dear Pat,

We have added support for UML 2.0 notations on new diagrams and activity/state diagrams. Other new notations will be supported later.

Regards,

Antony.[/quote]

Dear Anthony,

VP-UML provides full UML notation support. For more details, please visit http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/features/umlnotation/index.jsp

Best regards,
Rain

Hi,

I’m currently evaluating VP, and there are things I actually miss according to UML 2.0.
First of all, although just a “cosmetic” issue, is that Components are drawn according to
UML 1.x in that the two rectangular “boxes” are drawn on the edge. I believe UML 2.0 should have just an icon placed in the upper right corner.

I’m also missing Ports and Sockets from the Component diagrams.

Please correct me if I’m wrong. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Beer

Dear beer,

Thank you for your message. The notations of the current Component Diagram are not updated to the UML 2.0 standard. I’ve forwarded this message to our engineers to follow-up. Once there are any feedbacks, I’ll come back to you immediately. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Rain