Uml

i have exams in a few day of UML and have been given some paragraphs of which i am posting some here. all i want is your opinions on which UML diagrams can be made of these paragraphs. obv i am a UML newbie and although i have some ideas i want to make sure that it is correct. THANKS

1. MM has a large number of machines capable of CNC (computerised numeric control) that are currently set up and controlled manually. Skilled machinist are hard to find and teh company is investing in CNC interfaces that will connect their machines to their computer system. All the CNC interfaces come with low level drivers and well specified command sets taht tehy respond t. as the name suggests the commands are numeric in nature and very few of the machines use the same command number for similar actions. in fact, the machines which are similar have different command sets. although all machines (even feed rollers) have commands start,stop,get/set speed (to x, by x%, min, max or optimum), accept/eject work-piece and get status, they all use different commands to do so. ovens also have set/get temperature while cutting machines have get temp, get torque, get/set height and with get/set machine pattern. spray machines have same functional commands as cutting machines (except get torque and get temp) but also include a set spray pattern command. all of the low level drivers have the autonomous ability to generate an alarm. (they generate a unique numeric sequence which should be continuously scanned for) the recipient of the alarm is expected to respond by retrieving the status and acting according to the manufacturer’s recommendation for the status code.
  1. initially when preparing the contract the options are unclear and staff present options repeatedly until the customer selects one (option) and they enter a negotiation (of contract phase). DURING the negotiating things (Quality, DIY content, time and discount) are varied and teh new price indicated until provisional agreement is reached (and teh acceptance phase is accepted)
  1. during detailed design stage there is a sequence of phases where access is agreed(date and time), the site is measured, plans are drawn and design is agreed. the draw plan is frequently re-entered when customer requires minor alterations. this can happen as the plans are being drawn or later during the phase where teh design is agreed or even during the constructionstage. the phase where teh design is agreed is fundamentally repeated explanation of the plans (and design decisions) until the design is agreed (perhaps after the modification). At any time during the detailed design stage the customer may withdraw without cost if access could not be agreed but otherwise an invoice may need to be drawn up.
  1. when the design is agreed the construction stage starts and terminates when teh customer ‘signs off’ (satisfied), withdraws requires major/minor design alteration or, in the case of DIY, parts are delivered. Withdrawals (would require an invoice) and alterations (minor -redraw plans, major -new contract) could happen at any time. During construction stage all the parts are first manufactured. if they are DIY parts, they are delivered otherwise an installation phased is entered where the parts are installed until the customer is satisfied and ‘signs off’ indicating their satisfaction.

[quote]
The buyer may buy at the market auctions. A purchase involves a seller, a

I wish I could help you bro, but I have an exam before the end of the month and I also don’t know anything…

However, you can always search in google.

[quote=loverboy2] i have exams in a few day of UML and have been given some paragraphs of which i am posting some here. all i want is your opinions on which UML diagrams can be made of these paragraphs. obv i am a UML newbie and although i have some ideas i want to make sure that it is correct. THANKS

1. MM has a large number of machines capable of CNC (computerised numeric control) that are currently set up and controlled manually. Skilled machinist are hard to find and teh company is investing in CNC interfaces that will connect their machines to their computer system. All the CNC interfaces come with low level drivers and well specified command sets taht tehy respond t. as the name suggests the commands are numeric in nature and very few of the machines use the same command number for similar actions. in fact, the machines which are similar have different command sets. although all machines (even feed rollers) have commands start,stop,get/set speed (to x, by x%, min, max or optimum), accept/eject work-piece and get status, they all use different commands to do so. ovens also have set/get temperature while cutting machines have get temp, get torque, get/set height and with get/set machine pattern. spray machines have same functional commands as cutting machines (except get torque and get temp) but also include a set spray pattern command. all of the low level drivers have the autonomous ability to generate an alarm. (they generate a unique numeric sequence which should be continuously scanned for) the recipient of the alarm is expected to respond by retrieving the status and acting according to the manufacturer’s recommendation for the status code.
  1. initially when preparing the contract the options are unclear and staff present options repeatedly until the customer selects one (option) and they enter a negotiation (of contract phase). DURING the negotiating things (Quality, DIY content, time and discount) are varied and teh new price indicated until provisional agreement is reached (and teh acceptance phase is accepted)
  1. during detailed design stage there is a sequence of phases where access is agreed(date and time), the site is measured, plans are drawn and design is agreed. the draw plan is frequently re-entered when customer requires minor alterations. this can happen as the plans are being drawn or later during the phase where teh design is agreed or even during the constructionstage. the phase where teh design is agreed is fundamentally repeated explanation of the plans (and design decisions) until the design is agreed (perhaps after the modification). At any time during the detailed design stage the customer may withdraw without cost if access could not be agreed but otherwise an invoice may need to be drawn up.
  1. when the design is agreed the construction stage starts and terminates when teh customer ‘signs off’ (satisfied), withdraws requires major/minor design alteration or, in the case of DIY, parts are delivered. Withdrawals (would require an invoice) and alterations (minor -redraw plans, major -new contract) could happen at any time. During construction stage all the parts are first manufactured. if they are DIY parts, they are delivered otherwise an installation phased is entered where the parts are installed until the customer is satisfied and ‘signs off’ indicating their satisfaction.

The buyer may buy at the market auctions. A purchase involves a seller, a �lot�, an auctioneer, and bidder(s) plus the general auction staff. One of the bidders ends up as the purchaser (assuming the lot reached the reserve price). A sale starts by the seller indicating the reserve price to the auctioneer. The auctioneer initiates a bidding process by describing the lot and determining the initial starting price. To determine the starting price, the auctioneer repeatedly suggests lower and lower prices until a bid is made and accepted. The bidding process then proceeds as he repeatedly requests bids, indicates the current bid (and bidder) and /or accepts bids (and the bidder indicate bids). Finally, the auctioneer accepts(or rejects if below the reserve price) a final bid (5 secs without a bid) from one of the bidders, who is deemed to be the purchaser. The successful bidder passes their details to the auctioneer. The sale is concluded by initiating an accounting process that creates an invoicing process which prepares an invoice(and copies) which are distributed to the purchaser and the accounts department (for reconciliation). The purchaser settles up by paying the agreed price, which is reconciled with/against the invoice reconciliation copy. The accounting process ends by passing on payment to the seller. Prior to doing this, commission is calculated and deducted from the purchaser�s payment. If the bids do not reach the reserve price, the lot is deemed to have been withdrawn and a flat fee is charged to the seller. The seller may draw at any time prior to the reserve being met.
[/quote]