Unable to install VP_Suite_Linux_4_1_20091003.sh

I have downloaded this on a Linux 64bit machine. When I try to install, it pulls up the screen and asks for the eclipse path, but none of my eclipse directories seems acceptable.

I have installed eclipse galileo via Pulse and it works fine. When I select the pulse profle directory I get the message that I need to select a valid eclipse directory for installation.

Any help would be appreciated. this worked with a previous version (last weeks) but I had to restart the installation and had blown away by .sh file.

I get the same error with the no-install version when i run VP_Suite.

Thanks,
edward

Hi Edward,

Thanks for your post and we are sorry about the problem. I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up, and I’ll come back to you once there is any feedbakc.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Edward,

I would like to let you know that we fixed the installation problem of SDE-EC on Eclipse downloaded by Pulse, please run “VP Suite Update” in VPSuite/bin folder for updating to latest patch (20091013j or later) for the bug fix. More details about update to latest patch are available at the following link. If there is any inquiry, please feel free to have a post again.

BTW, you should install SDE-EC on the working directory of Eclipse.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thank you. After upgrading I was able to install to my Pulse Eclipse installation.

Edward

Hi Edward,

You are welcome. Feel free to contact me if there is anything we can help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong