Unable to run VP UML Plugin for Mac (Eclipse)

I have followed the instructions here:

http://knowhow.visual-paradigm.com/uml/eclipse-integration-mac/

Currently, I am using Eclipse 3.7.1, and have attached the log file found in the Eclipse Platform Installation Details.

After following the instructions. I have opened eclipse and tried right clicking my projects. The new VP-UML Project menu option isnt there. I cannot do a round trip between VP UML 8.3 and Eclipse.

What should I do now?
Error.log
Configuration.log

Hi Brian,

As I know the problem was fixed. Please run the update program that can be found in %VP-SUITE-INSTALL-DIR%\bin to advance to the latest hotfix release for a fix.

Feel free to contact us again if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi there,

I do have the same issue. I run Mac OS X 10.8.2 with the latest Eclipse Juno build and Visual Paradigm CE 10. Installing the IDE integration just worked with ease. But i can’t start the VP-plugin from Eclipse, it just shows the VP Load Screen (red one with logo and stuff). Please help me out with that!

Yours sincerely

Hi user,

Thank you for your post. Could you submit a for about your case? Please submit at:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/support/technicalsupport.jsp

Please provide us with information like screenshot, Eclipse version & build, VP version & build (You can find in VP-UML, select Help > About)

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

i just followed your link you sent me the other day to install the latest patch (sp1_20121110dt) for VP CE 10. The problem i hab before installing the patch was posted ahead. Now that i have installed the patch and want to export a Java project to VP_UML, it just does nothing but getting stuck on Eclipse (which ends up with Eclipse being force closed!). Do you have any solutions for that issue?

Yours sincerely,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Which version and build of Eclipse are you using?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

[quote=Jick]Hi Patrick,

Which version and build of Eclipse are you using?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung[/quote]

I’m using:

Eclipse Juno Version: 4.3.0 / Build id: N20121105-2000

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_10-ea-b14)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.6-b04, mixed mode)

Mac OS 10.8.2

Hey there,

anything new concerning my recently posted issue? Wasn#t able to fix it by now, hope you can help me out!

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for my late reply. Could you upload the log file (vpuml.log) here? You can find it at
${user-home}/visualparadigm

[quote=Jick]Hi Patrick,

Sorry for my late reply. Could you upload the log file (vpuml.log) here? You can find it at
${user-home}/visualparadigm[/quote]

Here we are.
vpuml.log

Can you also send use the eclipse log file to have a look? You can find it inside %eclipse_workspace%/.metadata/.log

Thanks.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

[quote=Rain]Can you also send use the eclipse log file to have a look? You can find it inside %eclipse_workspace%/.metadata/.log

Thanks.

Best regards,
Rain Wong[/quote]

I just exported the error log to a *.log file. Hope thats what you’re looking for…
eclipse_error.log

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Rain]Can you also send use the eclipse log file to have a look? You can find it inside %eclipse_workspace%/.metadata/.log

Thanks.

Best regards,
Rain Wong[/quote]

Hi there,

it seems like a long time ago that I sent you my error logs. But I haven’t received any answer related to this issue i was talking about earlier. Is there any new stuff I can deal with to solve this problem?

Yours sincerely
Patrick

Hi, i
have the same Problem.
I installed the Plugin in Eclipse Juno and if i create a new Java Project in Eclipse Juno the Context Menu for
Open VP-UML Project
Update VP-UML Project
is disabled.
If i select the VP-UML Project the New VP-UML Project the Spin Ball comes up and Eclipse Hangs up.

Mac OS X 10.8.3
JDK
java version "1.7.0_17"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_17-b02)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

Eclipse
Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers

Version: Juno Service Release 1
Build id: 20120920-0800

Greeting Lothar

I have exactly the same problem as lkluge.
Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Is it an installation problem? I updated Eclipse and re-installed the plugin, but the problem remained.

Can you send me the vpuml.log file under %user_home%/visualparadigm folder to have a look? BTW, can you try to run the Eclipse with JDK 1.6 and see will it work?

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Dear Rain,

Please find my log file below. I have already tried to start Eclipse with JRE6 as default, but the problem remains.

Cheers,

Luís <br><a class='attachment' href='/uploads/default/original/2X/9/9bf4aec278d8456a5af913971cbf7e68b6ecdb28.log'>vpuml.log</a>

Dear Rain,

Do you have any news on this issue? The Eclipse integration is not working with the MacOS even after the latest update or when using JDK 6.0. Does it work at your lab? Any idea of what can be wrong?

Cheers,

Luís