Unique constraint in existing Oracle DB

Hey guys,

It’s been a while since my last post. Days ago I noticed that every time I reverse engineer an Oracle database, for some reason the unique constraints declared on a column are not loaded into the view (E-R diagram). Also, this is problematic because when I generate the code for the changes that I made (update database), any attempt to create foreign keys to the columns with the unique constraint are not generated for obvious reasons.

I also tried declaring “unique” one of the columns that had the missing constraint, but still, when I chose “update database”, the ALTER statement for that change didn’t appear in the generated DDL file, and thus, the foreign keys I created also are not showing up.

Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Mmanzo,

Thanks for your post. We’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up, and we will come back to you once there is any feedback.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Mmanzo,

I would like to notify you that the missing unique constraint problem has been fixed, please update your software to latest patch (sp1_20091203ze or later) via “VP Suite Update”. For more details, please visit:

Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can help again.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong