Use Case Details Screen

Regarding “Use Case Details” from the context menu for a use case.

1. Is there a way to rename a Use Case Detail, or have it match the name of the parent use case?

• When viewing the Window menu “Switch To Diagram” dialog, the Use Case Detail is simply listed as “Use Case Details1”, “Use Case Details2”, etc. Having the name of the parent use case, or the name given in the Use Case Details screen would be more useful.
  2. The Use Case Details screen does not allow pasting text with Command-V on the Macintosh.

• This is true of the Info and Description tabs.
    • Command-C does copy text
    • Command-X does cut text
    • Command-V does not paste text

PC keys do function here, so there is a work around.

• Control-C does copy text
  • Control-X does cut text
  • Control-V does paste text

Another common Mac keystroke that does not work as expected is Command-Z for undo. Control-Z does work, but again this is not what is expected on the Mac.

This is in contrast to the Textual Analysis editor where only the Mac standard keys work (but there is no undo).

It would be nice if all the standard Macintosh keys worked as expected.

Regards,

-Glen

Hello gihrig,

Thank you for your post. I will pass your suggestion and reported problem onto our development team. Once there is any feedback, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello gihrig,

The problem shortcut key is fixed. Please download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200705/Patch/sp1_20070420w/vpplatform.jar

To install the patch:

1. Shutdown any running instances of VP
  2. Replace $vp-suite-install-dir/lib/vpplatform.jar with the downloaded jar file
  3. Run $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/VP Suite.exe to install the patch
  4. Restart the application

Note:

1. If you are going to download with Internet Explorer, you may need to rename the file from .zip to .jar manually
  2. Please do not run Product Update after applying the patch. Otherwise the update will replace the patch with the previous version (I will inform you to run the update when the next release is ready)

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hello Jick,

Command-X and Command-Z now work as expected, Thank you very much!

Was the number 1. item from my original post addressed?

1. Is there a way to rename a Use Case Detail, or have it match the name of the parent use case?

See first post in thread for detail.

Regards,

-Glen

Hello Glen,

Sorry for missing the other question. We will not support renaming use case detail in the near future. But we will fix this problem by forcing the use case detail to name as $use-case-name Details. This will, in most cases, help identifying which use case a use case details tab belongs to. The fix will be available in Service Pack 2, and hope to release that in the next week.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick,

we will fix this problem by forcing the use case detail to name as $use-case-name Details.

That will be perfect!

The level of service you provide continues to impress me!

Thank you, I will look forward to sp2.

Best Regards,

-Glen

Hello gihrig,

Remember the fix of using use case name as the name of use case detail? This fix is now ready in Service Pack 2, which was released last Saturday. Since you were asked to use a patch, I would like to suggest you upgrade to the latest version, which is more stable than the patch.

To upgrade, please run the product updater inside the bin folder of VP Suite installation directory.

You may want to know more about the new and enhanced feature in Service Pack 2:
http://resources.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite3.0sp2

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about SP2.

Best regards,
Jick