Use Case Details

Hi,

is it possible to have an overview for the use case details? Sure, I can open the details by right clicking a use case on a diagram and then choosing the menu item. But it is a bit cumbersum if I want to edit several use cases at the same time, especially if they are not on the same diagram. I know also that I can add them to the logical view. But I would like to have an editable list or table or something, so it is easier to handle them.

Another thing: Is it possible to save use case templates with variables like name, date or time that get prefilled if the template is used?

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your post. We are sorry that for modify the use case details, currently you can only open the Use Case Details tab (right-click on the use case and select Use Case Details), or export the use cases to Word format for modification and then import it back to the project.

We will review the use case details editor and plan to provide dialog with list of use cases for editing the use case details. I’ll keep you informed for any further news on this issue. If you have any suggestions of optimizing our use case editor, please feel free to let us know.

BTW, if you are interested in export use cases to Word file for modifying the use case, please visit:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/demos/interoperability/importexportuctoword.jsp

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thank you for this.

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Robert,

I’m sorry for my late notification about Use Cases Grid feature, which is introduced in VP Suite 4.1 (covers VP-UML 7.1) and it lists all use cases in your project. You can filter use cases within the Grid and open use case details directly from the Grid (as shown as attached image).
Please find details about this feature from:

By the way, besides use cases grid, we also support actors grid, requirements grid and glossary grids.

Feel free to download evaluation version of VP-UML 7.1 from our website ( http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/vpuml.jsp ) to try this feature.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

open_use_case_details_from_use_case_grid.png