Use model elements in various diagram types

All,

looking for a proper tool for modeling an organisation and it’s processes I evaluate BP VA (Analyst Edition). Now, if I start off with an organization chart with several units (which could be entities or roles) then the next thing I’d like to do is modeling processes those organizational units are involved in. How do I use the modeling elements from the organization chart (i.e. the units) as pools or lanes in a BP diagram? I’ve found the references feature but this is just not enough. I’d like to maintain a role or business unit just once in an overall model – no matter in what kind of diagram I use it later on. Am I right to assume that this is not the approach of BP VA, but rather a diagram/notation-centric one?

Thanks in advance for any clarificaiton!

Hi Farout,

Thanks for your post. I’m sorry that currently you can only draw pool/lane on BPD and add reference on pool/lane and organization unit for representing the organization unit on the BPD.
I’ve fired a feature request to our engineers to study the feasibility to create pool/lane on BPD when sharing the organization unit model. If there is any feedback, I’ll notify you immediately.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks Lilian Wong! I appreciate that you brought this to the attention of your engineers. I believe that this would mean a whole different approach to modeling, though.

Hi Farout,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong