Using Floating Licence from 2 places in different LANs

Hi,

My company intends to buy a licence for VP UML.

Is it possible to use à floating licence from two different places ?

I mean I will be the only user of the product. However I work at my office and very often I also work at home. As I will not be able to access the floating licence server from home, how can I do ? Can I install the licence server twice on an office server and at home ?

Is there any other solution for this problem ?

Best regards,

JPM

Hi JPM,

Thanks for your post. You can export the floating license from the license server for off-line usage at home, but you need to import it back to the license server when you get back to your office.
After you export the floating license from the license server, other users (if any) cannot access to the license for using the product until you import it back.

But if you are the only user of the product, I suggest you purchase the single-seat license (the advantage of floating license is the ability of sharing the product among users).
No matter the floating license or the single-seat license, one license allows one concurrent access to the product only.

If you require any information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi
Thank you for the answer.

However I don’t understand how it is possible to use a single seat licence from two different machines on different LANs.

Do you mean I have to install twice the product on my personnal machine and on the office machine ? In such a case do I use the same licence key file at home and at the office ?

Best regards
JPM

Hi JPM,

Thanks for replying. Yes, you need to install the software on both your personal machine and the office machine, and you can use the same key for importing license key to the License Key Manager.
With single-seat license, there is no need to access network when start the software.

What I mean by one concurrent access per license at any time is that, for example, if you own one single-seat license and you start the software on your office machine, your cannot start the software on your personal machine at the same time.

Hope this will be clearer. If there is any further inquiry, please let me know!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong