Velocity?

Hello,
Are code generation templates based on Velocity?
If so, you can add much more flexibility for users, especially possibility of generation their own code templates.

Regards,
Jacek

Hello Jacek,

You are correct. They are based on Velocity. I understand that currently there is not enough instruction on how to customize the template, we will improve this. At the moment, you may post your request on forum, we will try our best to guide you how to customize the template to suit your need.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello,

As we are reseller of VP, one of our goals is to help customers to turn VP into their production environments. It means, that we will prepare a lot of customizations, supporting different architectural choices.

I think, the idea of fully generated <> classes and implementation classes containing hand written code is very good, but it should be generalized to a pattern, usable in different contexts.

E.g. when I develop a distributed application, I’d like to use service facades and data transfer objects. As a service facade can contain a lot of automatically generated working code, but it needs some hand written code too, so it can be divided in similar way, as orm persistable and orm implementation, but not using exactly these stereotypes. If You give the users possibilty to exclude some classes from code synchronization in SDE (e.g. according to their stereotypes), and make the instant generator a little bit more flexible (possibility of examining stereotypes and tagged values) your code engineering tools will be much more powerful, and the required change in SDE functionality is not so difficult to achieve.

Best regards,
Jacek

hello Jacek,

I forgot if it was you or someone else who posted here asking for the need of retrieving tagged value and stereotype from template. Anyway, I am glad to let you know that you can, in the next version, retrieve tagged value from the template.

Best regards,
Jick