Views and PDF reports

Hi,

Class “Toolbox” is defined in diagram “Tools”

Class “myClass” defined in diagram “myDiag” is associated with Toolbox. I show this by going to diagram Tools, clicking Toolbox, Ctrl-C, go to diagram myDiag, Ctrl-V, then create the assocation.

As I understand it, this means I know have a “View” of Toolbox in myDiag, and changes in it is reflected in both diagrams. This is very cool.

The problem occurs when I go to create a PDF report with all my diagrams. In the report, Toolbox occurs (along with all its attributes and operations) twice, once for each diagram in which it occurs.

How can I prevent all the details in Toobox from occurring in the report section for myDiag?

Sorry if this isn’t clear, I’ll be happy to elaborate.

Dear pCarsten,

Thank you for your message and the details. Can you send your project to us for further investigation? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

[quote=LilianWong]Dear pCarsten,

Thank you for your message and the details. Can you send your project to us for further investigation? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong[/quote]

Sure. Where do you want me to send it to?

Hi pCarsten,

I’m sorry that I did not clarify to you. You can simply attach the project by “Attach Files” button in replying topic, please not that the project will be accessible to public.
If you do not want the project to be accessed by public, you can send it to lilian@visual-paradigm.com. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,

Sorry for the long reply time; Easter got in the way :wink:

Attached to this post is a simple project that illustrates the issue. I first create a class diagram called “Definition” with two classes, “Class one” and “Class two”.

“Class two” also interacts with “Class three”, but I want to show this in another class diagram called “View”. So I create that diagram, create “Class three”, and then, from the diagram navigator, drag/drop “Class two” onto “View”.

Everything is fine so far, and what I expect.

The problem occurs when I go to create a pdf report (also attached). As you can see, the definition of “Class two” is repeated for both diagrams (good), with all its operations and attributes (bad; they should only appear once). This becomes especially problematic when “Class two” has lots of attributes and operations, as the report becomes very big with a lot of repeated information.

What I’m looking for is some way to reduce the repetitiveness (is that a word?) of information in the pdf report, so that the details of “Class two” are only shown once.

Apparently, attachments are removed during preview, so here they are:
untitled.vpp
oomodel.pdf

Hi pCarsten,

Thank you for your reply and the files. I’ve forwarded the problem to our engineers for investigation. If there is any feedback, I’ll come back to you immediately.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi pCarsten,

For the issue of repeating details of attributes and operations in the report, we’ll consider to have new feature on this issue.
Thanks for your suggestion and I’ll keep you informed on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi pCarsten,

I would like to share with you that VP Suite 3.3 is released which is enhanced to be able to show model details once in the report. You can take a look at the article about this enhancement at http://resources2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/release-vp33/55-vp33/68-show-detail-once.html

More details about the new and enhanced features in VP Suite 3.3 can be found at http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/news.jsp

If you need any help, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong