Visual Studio 2017 Integration not working

Hi,

I’m trying to use Visual Paradigm with Visual Studio 2017 Integration but having some problems.
After install integration with VS2017 IDE, the visual Paradigm in VS2017 can’t start and give this error

In VS2015 the Visual Paradigm works fine. But actualy I’m using VS2017 and need the integration
working with this version of visual studio.

Could you help?

Thanks
Fernando

Hi,

Forget to inform what OS and version of VS and VP

I’m using Windows 10 Professional 64bit with Visual Studio Enterprise 2017
and Visual Paradigm Community 14.1 64bit (also try 32bit version of Visual Paradigm
but same problem).

Thanks.

Fernando

Updated to Visual Paradigm 14.1 sp1 (20170725), but still not working.

Thanks
Fernando

Here is the full error message provided by Visual Studio Enterprise 2017

ERROR
CreateInstance failed for package [VPSDE_VS]Source: ‘mscorlib’ Description: Não foi possível carregar o tipo Vsip.VPSDE_VS.VPSDE_VS do assembly VPSDE_VS, Version=1.0.6404.30499, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=77fc2bc3131feaa3. System.TypeLoadException: Não foi possível carregar o tipo Vsip.VPSDE_VS.VPSDE_VS do assembly VPSDE_VS, Version=1.0.6404.30499, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=77fc2bc3131feaa3. em System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type) em System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) em System.Activator.CreateInstanceFromInternal(String assemblyFile, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo) em System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String typeName)
{181F25DD-CAAF-4F59-BDD6-9D8B22A83D64}
80004005 - E_FAIL
VisualStudio
2017/07/24 13:22:45.161

Thanks
Fernando

Hi,

I don’t know if this information have any relevance, but when i try to register the VPSDE_VS.dll manualy, i receive an error message that the module was correctly registered, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

(Here is the prompt command that i used to register VPSDE_VS manualy: C:\Users\fernando\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_1873bbf9\Extensions\xmvcbjmn.c3x>regsvr32 /i VPSDE_VS.dll)

Thanks
Fernando

May I know what is the build number of VP client you using? You can find the build number in the About dialog of standalone VP client. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi,

I’m using VP 14.1 sp1 (build 20170725)

Thanks
Fernando

Hi,

I’ve just upgraded to version 14.1 build 20170801, but still not working. However, now the problem is different. That error about loading the VPSDE_VS package no longer occurs. Now when trying to load the VP from Visual Studio, it freezes on the initialization splash screen of the VP software (Initializing Visual Paradigm CE …). I left for more than two hours loading, but was frozen and nothing happens.Visual Paradigm continues not loading correctly from Visual Studio.

I’m using these:

Visual Paradigm 14.1 build 20170801 (64bits)
Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 (x86 & x64)
Windows 10 Professional, version 1703, build 15063.483, 64bits
Processor Intel core i7-3770 with 8GB RAM

Thanks
Fernando

Hi,

I have another PC with similar configurations, but with a new clean installation of windows 10 pro
and Visual Sutudio Enterprise 2017. In this machine, with new clean installation, Visual Paradign
works fine from Visual Studio. But only from version 14.1 build 20170801. Previous build does’nt work.

Now everything is working fine!!!

Thanks.
Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for replying and good to know that it now works. According to our engineers the previous hang issue was fixed in build 20170801. For previously performed integration user will need to uninstall the integration (by execute the uninstall_vs_integration.exe inside the uninstaller folder of VP) and re-install it.

Feel free to contact me for any help and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong