VP Automatic upgrade don't care of running system

Hi,

I just had the ‘VP Suite Update’ running for the first time this morning.
Although it’s running on Ubuntu, it proposes me to install updates for VP_Windows and VisualStudio which are clearly useless for my installation. :roll:

I would like to cancel most of the proposed updates (relating to Microsoft Windows systems) but keep some file which might be of interest (?), like sde/sdevs/vpupdate.xml
I noticed there is no “Deselect All” button and wonder why?

Cheers,

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for your post. I will ask our engineers if we can consider the factor of the running system when performing update. Btw, are you able to deselect the update as shown from the image attached?

Best regards,
Jick

deselect-update.png

Yes, it works. But I would have to untick 62 box each after each to keep only one.

If it’s too hard to check the possible updates against the running operating system, then may I suggest to group the updates by feature concerned?
Like ‘Windows update’, ‘VisualStudio update’, etc

Cheers,
Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Not at all. Actually we just fixed the problem. I will send you a patch later today.

Best regards,
Jick

Wow, congratulations for your reactivity! :slight_smile:
I will test it on Monday.
Have a good week-end,
Cheers,
Guillaume

Hello Guillaume,

Just asked our engineers again. This fix is a bit interesting. Even if we send you a patch, you won’t be able to examine the fix, because it require an update. Therefore, you will receive the fix automatically by running the updater later on when the next release is out.

Best regards,
Jick