VP for UML 5.1 hangs while deleting classes

I am using an evaluation version of the personal edition. Often (but not always) VP will hang when I try to delete a class from a class diagram. Usually the class is referenced in another class diagram. I have to use the Windows Task Manager to end the VP application.

I am enclosing a log from today’s session for you to review.

Thanks,
Mike Robinson

Dear Mike,

Thank you for the bug report. I am sorry for any inconvenience the problem may cause you.

Is this problem repeatable by following a set of steps? If so, could you please let me know how to repeat it? Apart from this, could you please send me also your project file through private message? Thank you very much.

I will now forward your case to our engineers for testing.

Best Regards,
Jick

Jick,

I cannot repeat it at will. Sometimes it hangs and sometimes it does not.

I would send the project by private message but I do not see a way to attach files in a private message.

-Mike

HI Mike,

Could you please send to my email address?
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Thank youvery much :lol:

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Mike,

Please also send me the vp.log file at %VP_Suite_HOME%/bin
Thanks again!

Jick

Hi Mike,

Just a quick note to notify you that the bug is fixed and I have sent you an email about how to download and install the hotfix.

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Jick

Well, but, How can all of us download this bugfix?

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for your message.

Usually, we only send hotfix to user(s) who reported the bug that is fixed in the hotfix release. But do not worry, when a hotfix is available, this means that a complete build will available very soon (usually half to one working day after the release of hotfix). So you may try updating VP Suite tomorrow, you should be able to advance to the next build.

The following article guides you how to update your VP Suite:
http://resource.visual-paradigm.com/tips_and_tricks/general/keeping_your_tool_up-to-date_by_vp_suite_update.html

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Jick