VP Project - Black screen on open

I’m evaluating Visual Paradigm for use in my company. I’ve created a very simple project with one ER diagram, and one class diagram. I’ve been able to work with the project for a couple days without any problems. However, I printed out both diagrams today, and the application shut down. When I reopened my project, the main project window is completely black (ie, neither of the diagrams is loaded). Is this a common problem? I don’t really need any of the data in the diagrams, but I don’t want to start using this full time if it’s going to corrupt any project when ever it’s printed.

Attached is the sample project that doesn’t open. I’m using Visual Paradigm for UML 6.1 Enterprise (evaluation) on Windows Vista. Thanks!

Kelly
Licensing ER Diagram.vpp

Hello KGraus,

I’ve tested on your project and seem looking good (all diagrams are here). Would you mind send me the vp.log file to have a look? You can find the vp.log file inside the bin folder of VP Suite. BTW, if there are any hs_errxxxx.log file exist in the bin folder, please also send it to me for checking. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

Sure, attached is the log file. There are no error logs.

Kelly
vp.log

Hello KGraus,

Can I schedule an online meeting with you to take a look at this problem? The online meeting will be held over a secure connection. I will be able to see your screen and may need to control it with your approval. If you can join the meeting, please let me know when you will be available and what time zone are you in. Looking forward to hear your reply.

Best regards,
Rain

Hi Rain,

I am available all week. I’m in the mountain time zone.

Thanks!

Kelly

Hi KGraus,

Please check private message for details about the meeting. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hi Rain,

I created a new workspace, this seems to have fixed the problem. I have no need for the meeting, unless you think you can figure out what went wrong. Also, I don’t have any private messages.

Thanks!

Kelly

Hi KGraus,

I’m glad to hear that your problem has been solved. Would you mind send me your workspace for diagnose the problem?

Best regards,
Rain Wong

same problem is also to me.whenever i try to open my saved projects only black window opens.but when i create a new project that opens successfully untill and unless i open another saved projects.once i try to open previously made projects,black screen comes and after that old ones as well as recent does not open plz help meeeeeeeeeeeee
university1.vpp
latestbooking.vpp

Please reference to the following movie on how to re-open your diagram after loading the project.

http://www.youtube.com/VisualParadigm#p/search/26/vPxdvaQX3as

Best regards,
Rain

Morning, please i’m having similar issues, the whole completed project just blanked out. what do i do?

can’t get how to upload my log file

Can you follow the movie I attached previously on how to reopen the diagram?

Best regards,
Rain

Again Anyone knows, how to open a project…When I try to open my project dtored in the workspace location just blue screen comes up!!!
I saved my another project but again same thing happned, I even created new workspace ie creted new folder on my local machine to store data and that folder has .vpprefdata directory (automatically created)

I followed this movie but there is nothing showing as how to reopen a project.
I have same problem above and when I use File then Reopen then select my .vpp file it does not open anything but I can see this in 'Diagram Navigator. It’s ok but one of the project I created and I’m not able to find that anywhere…I spent so much time creating that but no luck. Can u plz suggest where is that black box??

Can you send me your project file to have a look? You can send to support-team@visual-paradigm.com in case you don’t want to publish your project in forum. Please make sure you include the URL for this post when you send me the project by email. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

I have the same problem, I’m trying to open the file of the UML projects I have and it is giving me a black screen. I tired to change the work folder where the projects are saved but still same problem. So, any idea how I can solve this problem for I’m in this class and need to use my diagrams for my projects.

Hi user,

First, please post a screenshot to show us the black screen problem. Second, if you do not see any pane, please try to reset the perspective to default (menu > View > Reset Perspective to Default), then you should be able to open your diagram in Diagram Navigator. Third, please post a screenshot of the About window (menu > Help > About).

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

I have only a blue screen now - yesterday it was fine. I have a monthly license that expires in 4 days.

I need the ERD for a meeting/presentation in 2 days! I sent email to the support account.

Please HELP!
-Michele

Hi Michele,

We have replied you on technical support and looking for your reply. Feel free to contact us for any help.

Best regards,
Rain Wong