VP Suite 2.1 Installer Fails

I’m trying to install VP Suite 2.1, and the installer keeps failing. After I select the installation file, it reports a divide by 0 error. If I look at the generated log file, I see the following exception stack trace:

Exception:

java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
	at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.doStandardInstallation(Unknown Source)
	at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.doInstallation(Unknown Source)
	at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.install(Unknown Source)
	at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.screens.InstallationScreen$1.run(Unknown Source)

System properties:

java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
exe4j.moduleName=/Users/tdean/Desktop/VP Suite 2.1 Installer.app
sun.boot.library.path=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries
java.vm.version=1.5.0_05-43
awt.nativeDoubleBuffering=true
gopherProxySet=false
java.vm.vendor="Apple Computer, Inc."
java.vendor.url=http://apple.com/
proxyUser=
path.separator=:
java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
user.country=US
sun.os.patch.level=unknown
java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
user.dir=/Users/tdean/Desktop/VP Suite 2.1 Installer.app/Contents/Resources/app
java.runtime.version=1.5.0_05-64
java.awt.graphicsenv=apple.awt.CGraphicsEnvironment
java.endorsed.dirs=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home/lib/endorsed
os.arch=ppc
proxyPort=
java.io.tmpdir=/tmp
line.separator=

java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
os.name=Mac OS X
proxySet=false
sun.jnu.encoding=MacRoman
java.library.path=/Users/tdean/Desktop/VP Suite 2.1 Installer.app/Contents/Resources/Java:/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Resources:.:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java
java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
java.class.version=49.0
sun.management.compiler=HotSpot Client Compiler
os.version=10.4.3
user.home=/Users/tdean
user.timezone=America/Chicago
java.awt.printerjob=apple.awt.CPrinterJob
file.encoding=MacRoman
java.specification.version=1.5
JFileChooser.appBundleIsTraversable=always
java.class.path=/Users/tdean/Desktop/VP Suite 2.1 Installer.app/Contents/Resources/app/.install4j/i4jruntime.jar:/Users/tdean/Desktop/VP Suite 2.1 Installer.app/Contents/Resources/app/user.jar
user.name=tdean
proxyHost=
java.vm.specification.version=1.0
java.home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home
sun.arch.data.model=32
user.language=en
java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
awt.toolkit=apple.awt.CToolkit
java.vm.info=mixed mode
java.version=1.5.0_05
java.ext.dirs=/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home/lib/ext
sun.boot.class.path=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/classes.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/ui.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/laf.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/sunrsasign.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/jsse.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/jce.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Classes/charsets.jar:/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Resources/LauncherSupport.jar
java.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
file.separator=/
java.vendor.url.bug=http://developer.apple.com/java/
sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeBig
sun.cpu.endian=big
mrj.version=1040.1.5.0_05-64
proxyPassword=
sun.awt.exception.handler=apple.awt.CToolkit$EventQueueExceptionHandler
sun.cpu.isalist=

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for report the problem, and sorry for any inconvenience it may cause you.

I have passed the log along to our engineers for checking. At the moment, could you please try the No-Install version instead? The No-Install allows using the tools without going through the installer.

If there are any further questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Jick

I will gladly try the no-install version, if you can send me a link to it. I have been unable to find it on my own.

• Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry to miss out the detail about where to get the No-Install version. Please go to the download page (main):
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/

… enter the VP Suite download page, select Mac OS X (No-Install) from the platform drop-down menu. (I presume that you are using Mac OS X)

Please let me know if there are any further questions. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Tim,

The problem related to installation on Mac OS X using Stufflt Expander 10 could be fixed by using Stufflt Expander 9:
http://resource.visual-paradigm.com/mac/install_with_stufflt_expander.html

I would recommend you give a try on the latest release.

For your information, starting from the next version we will deploy as .dmg format to ease the installation in Mac.

Best Regards,
Jick