VP-UML 6.1sp1 Can't add sub diagrams

Hi,

I’ve created an overview diagram with some diagram overview objects on it and have been able to add sub-diagrams to it (ie. use cases etc.). Having since transferred the project file between the PC version and Mac version I’ve lost the ability to select any new sub diagrams to add in the popup window.

Has anyone got any ideas? I’ve tried reparing the project but no good.

thanks

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Are you sure that the problem occurred due to transferring project between PC and Mac? Would it be the diagram you want to add as subdiagram was already a subdiagram of another model? Notice that diagram can be “owned” by one model only.

We would be grateful if you could provide us with your project file and steps for repeating the problem. If you could, please send to my Email address at:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

I have a userClass diagram that I am trying to add as a sub diagram to the overview diagram and it is not attached to any other.

Here is the file.

thanks

Hi seetog,

Would you mind send me your project file to have a look? You can send it to rain@visual-paradigm.com or support-team@visual-paradigm.com

Thanks!

Best regards,
Rain

Hi seetog,

Thanks for your project file. The reason why you cannot select diagrams from the sub-diagram dialog is because most of the diagrams in your project are already the sub-diagram of other model. One diagram can only be the sub-diagram of one model. You have to remove the existing sub-diagram relationship before re-associate the diagram to other model. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain