When going to edit an existing project, I can add it to the Teamwork Client
using “Manage project…”. It initially appears with a Status of “Not
checked out”, which is to be expected.

[svn0.png]

Hitting Checkout appears to work normally; and the Project Details &
Versions are filled in.

[svn1.png]

If I then hit “Open Project”, it will open, and hitting either Update or
Commit on the toolbar will correctly say that nothing needs to be done.

However, going back into the Teamware Client and hitting the Update button leads to the following dialog appearing.

[svn2.png]

Choosing Yes will go ahead and re-open the project. However the SVNWorking directory
under teamwork_client is now missing Foo.vpp.

$ ls -A teamwork_client/projects/Foo/SVNWorking/
Foo.dif  Foo.mmh  .svn

$ svn status teamwork_client/projects/Foo/SVNWorking/
?      teamwork_client/projects/Foo/SVNWorking/Foo.dif
!      teamwork_client/projects/Foo/SVNWorking

Back in the Teamware Client one last time, and the project Status is back at
“Not checked out”. The Update button is still active though. Hitting it will
ask for confirmation to delete the existing project, as before.

[svn3.png]

The Teamware Client appears to be losing track of the files which it has
checked out. So when asked to perform an Update or Commit, it wants to
delete the local copy before carrying out the requested action.

Please can you help?

Many Thanks,
Darren

svn1.png

svn0.png

svn4.png

Hello textnode,

We are so sorry about the problem. Would you mind posting your log file here? You can find it inside $vp-suite-install-dir. Second, may I know which version of SVN server are you running?

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Here’s the log file…

Many Thanks,
Darren
vp.log

Oh, and the subversion server (and client) is version 1.4.3.

Dear textnode,

Thank you for your post. Will check with our engineers and come back to you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello textnode,

May I have your workspace? If you took the default workspace, it should be somewhere inside your home directory, like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jick\vpworkspace

If you can, please zip it and send to me. I do not recommend you post here. Instead, you can send to my personal Email address:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Second, please also let me know your SVN repository path.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello textnode,

Just to inform you that I have received your email with workspace. Thanks a lot. We will investigate the problem and come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello textnode,

We find something wrong with your workspace. Could you try run with a new workspace, and checkout again? We think that this may solve the problem.

Workspace is the folder where the configuration details are stored. When you start the application, you will be asked to supply the folder.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick. Darren is unavailable at the moment, but to continue the thread, we have tried against a fresh workspace a number of times. The log file and workspace provided were created by starting with an empty workspace and then running through the sequence of checkout and update steps described.

I have just repeated it again though, and the results are the same. :frowning:

Please note that the issue has occurred on all of our VP installs on Linux since the sp2 update, not just on one machine or workspace.

Is there any other information we could provide to help track down the problem?

Thanks for the assistance,
Graeme.

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Could you show me your Login to the Teamwork Server dialog box? It shows when you select Tools > Teamwork > Open Teamwork Client… from menu.

2. You mentioned one point that caught my attention. You said:
    Please note that the issue has occurred on all of our VP installs on Linux since the sp2 update

Do you mean that the problem have never been occurring in sp1?

1. Was the SVN server that you are using customized by your team (and recompiled)?

2. Do you have a Windows machine that can connect to the SVN server and able to produce the problem? I am asking because we can have an online meeting with you to diagnose the problem if you are running in Windows.

Once again, sorry for causing you any inconvenience by this problem. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick - thanks for looking into this further.

1 - I’ve attached a screenshot of the Teamwork login window as it appears when first entering the Teamwork Client.

2 - Yes - absolutely. In fact, with sp1, our Linux boxes were able to use the SVN client, while the windows boxes could not — see #4 below. It was only after the update to sp2 that we started having this problem.

Would re-installing VP from scratch, without applying the sp2 update be any use in terms of providing extra information?

3 - The SVN server would have been compiled from the vanilla source distribution. The code would not have been modified in any way.

4 - I’m afraid the windows machines are not exhibiting the problem. :frowning: The windows users were unable to even connect to the SVN repository in either sp1 or sp2 — the Windows Subversion Problems (svn+ssh) - General Questions/Discussions - Discuss the Visual Paradigm thread covered the issue, and lead to a patch being applied on the windows boxes which allows them to connect and operate successfully . They have not encountered the problem reported in this thread.

Thanks again,
Graeme.

login.png

Hello Graeme,

Thanks for your reply. One more question - Was the project being imported into the server through our Teamwork Client, or manually? This is very important. The project MUST be imported through our Teamwork Client in order to work.

Best regards,
Jick

import.png

Hi Jick… yes, the project was added to SVN via the Teamwork Client Import. Our windows VP users are able to work against the same project/repository successfully.

Immediately after the initial checkout, I can see the project history through the Versions tab on the Teamwork Client. It is only after performing an update that things seem to start getting confused.

Cheers,
Graeme

Hi Graeme,

It is very strange that the project file disappear. Would you mind listing out the major steps for making the project disappear? We have followed what Darren suggested, and tried with several releases, but still unable to reproduce the problem.

It looks like there is a problem in showing the image Darren posted. If you could help on this issue, I hope that you could write down the steps (and images, if you have) on a document, and post the document here.

Sorry for any inconveniences it may cause you.

Best regards,
Jick

Thanks Jick - that shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll run through the sequence starting from a fresh workspace, and try to record the changes I see in vp.log and in the teamwork_client/ directory.

I’ll post the results when ready; hopefully that should be today some time. Please shout if there is anything in particular I should pay attention to while recording the process.

Graeme.

Hello gthompson,

Thank you very much. We hope to see at which point the project file disappear (you may open the file explorer to confirm when the file disappear). Of course, the actions you did before that are also important.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have attached a report listing the sequence of steps in more detail than the original description. Please do let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help.

Thanks very much,
Graeme.
report.tar.bz2

Hi gthompson,

Thanks for the file. I will ask our engineers to check this problem again.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello gthompson,

I wonder if you are still using build 0511. As I discussed with our engineers, they told me that the problem might have been fixed already. Could you run the product updater (inside ${vpsuite-install-dir} ) to advance to the latest version and try again? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick - an update has picked up a few new files, and they do indeed seem to fix the problem.

Thanks very much for the support effort; it is much appreciated.
Graeme