VP-UML slows down

I’m using VP-UML version 6.1, on a dual core PC to edit a project which is about 600KB in size. The OS is Windows 2000, SP4.

When VP-UML starts, all is well, but after about 30 minutes VP-UML starts to slow down. If I attempt to open the specification of state on a State Machine Diagram, it will take 20 to 30 seconds to open. During this time the Windows Task Manager shows that run_vpuml.exe is using 50% of the CPU. When the specification eventually opens, the CPU usage falls back to 0%.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this problem?

Hi Newport,

Thanks for your post. Would you mind to attach your project file for investigation? Thanks in advance!

BTW, VP-UML 6.1 is quite old, and we did quite a lot of enhancement on performance from v6.1 to current version (e.g. now you can open a large project within few seconds: http://www.visual-paradigm.com/highlight/startupprjinseconds.jsp ). So we strongly recommend you to upgrade to latest version.

** if you do not want the file to be accessed by public, please send to lilian@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Lilian,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, for security reasons I’m not able to let you have the project.

The project comprises 1 class diagram, 3 sequence diagrams and 5 state machine diagrams.

Hi Newport,

Thanks for replying. As you are using VP-UML 6.1, I suppose you are our customer. I’ll follow up your issue in our online ticket system and you will soon receive an E-mail sent by support-team@visual-paradigm.com
You can respond by logging into our ticket system or by replying that E-mail. If you do not receive one, it is possible that the security settings of your E-mail program are preventing our E-mail from being delivered to you. Please find it from the junk or trash folders.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong