Vp-uml users guide part 1

I have hacked vp-uml_users_guide_part_1.pdf to add bookmarks to the PDF that makes it easier to locate information. A copy can be found at:

http://public.dpbaird.fastmail.fm/Docs/vp-uml_users_guide_part_1c.pdf

Bookmarks for sections that are common to all versions are shown in black while others are shown in gray.

There is an hourly/monthly transfer quota of 150/300 MB on this site. The file is 7.7 MB so I don’t expect there will be a problem. However, if you are trainer or teacher who will be recommending this version to your students, you may want to download a copy to a local system.

Hi Dpbaird,

Thanks for your post. But I think users have different view about “common” features. Anyway, thank you very much for your efforts! :smiley:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Lilian,

I should have been more explicit in my note. By “common” I meant that it is available in all editions as indicated by the icons in the document. The community and personal editions do not support valuable functions for the professional IT person.

I bookmarked all the sections so one can just ignore the graying if it doesn’t apply to them.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for replying. So I can understand as features in gray bookmarks are not available in “community and personal edition”, black bookmarks indicate that the feature is supported in all editions?
If yes, may I point out some features (as below) that is not available in community and personal edition but you mark as black color?

• Chapter 4 - Generating Documentation
  • Chapter 5 - Interoperability
  • Chapter 8 - Incorporating Visio and Images to Diagrams

I really appreciate your work, it’s good! I point these out as I hope users will get details of our product easily with any misunderstanding on supported edition.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Lillian,

Since there are six editions available were a feature may be available in only the Enterprise Edition or in 2, 3, 4 or all 6 of the editions. I felt that it would be best to indicated just two cases, common or selected, where clicking on the grayed selected case would display the icons that show the specific editions that provide the feature.

Complicating the bookmarks to display all combination didn’t seem too attractive since it only takes a click on the grayed bookmark to get options.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for replying. If there is anything I can help, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong