VP won't install under SUSE Linux

SUSE Linux 10.2
I download VP Suite 3, then try to install it. When progress bar is full VP frezes. Empty window with label: “post install in progress”. Installation progress can’t finish.

Hello brejnev,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Could you look up the temp folder and see if there are any log file produced by the installer? It should be named as suite_installer#.log. If yes, please zip and post here. Thank you in advance!

Second, please try the No-Install version. That may solve your problem. You can download the No-Install version from our download page.

Best regards,
Jick
no-install.png

VP_Suite_Linux_3_0_20070202.sh

There is attached log file.
suite_installer.log.gz

Hello,

Thanks for the log. I will check with our engineers. Have you tried the No-Install release? Does it help?

Best regards,
Jick

Hello brejnev,

Could you send me USER_HOME/.vpsuite_installation.xml?

Best regards,
Jick

I have been download non-install version.
There is the same error. Lets look at end of /tmp/suite_installer.log file:

Launcher File not found: /home/evgeny/soft/VP_Suite3.0/launcher/BPVA_Update
Launcher File not found: /home/evgeny/soft/VP_Suite3.0/launcher/BPVA_Product_Edition_Manager
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
java.lang.NullPointerException
at p.ign.d(:270)
at p.ign.i(:97)
at p.cx.i(:39)
at p.lb.f(:204)
at p.iyz.k(:243)
at p.iyz.h(:214)
at p.wz.n(:155)
at p.idg.d(:93)

I attach log file to this message.

File USER_HOME/.vpsuite_installation.xml is empty.
suite_installer.log.zip

Hello brejnev,

Thanks for your reply. I will discuss with our engineers and come back to you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello brejnev,

Please delete User_Home/.vpsuite_installation.xml and try again. This will probably solve the problem.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello brejnev,

Were you able to solve the problem by deleting the User_Home/.vpsuite_installation.xml and install again? We have fixed this problem. If the problem has not yet been solved, I could arrange a fixed copy for you. Please let me know about the problem status. Thank you.

Best regards,
Jick