Windows Live popup when importing image in Word

Hi

I am evaluating Visual Paradigm for UML. When I export a diagram and import it into Word I’m asked to provide a Windows Live login. If I cancel the login requester three times the image is inserted.

What is the cause of this? It only happens with images exported from VP-UML.

Hi jkc,

Thank you for your post. Could you tell me how did you export the diagram as image? If you took the path “File > Export > Diagrams as Image”, the outcome should be totally independent from VP. And as far as I know, we haven’t did anything special to the exported diagram which cause Word to ask you provide a Windows Live login…

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick

Thanks for your response.

It happens if I use “File > Export > Active Diagram as Image” and if I right-click the diagram and choose “Export > Export as Image”.

I’m using Word 2003.

Hi JKC,

Thank you for your reply. Does all kinds of file formats (e.g. JPG, PNG, EMF…) produce the same problem? Are you sure image files from other sources do not have this problem?

Best regards,
Jick

It looks like JPEG, EMF and PNG with background has the problem. I haven’t had the problem with PNG without background.

Also if I have imported one PNG without background the others don’t seem to have the problem. Not until I close the document, open it again and try to import images again. Then he problem is there again.

I have tried other JPEG files and they work as expected.

Thanks for the reply.

Does the problem related to the diagram content? Are you able to repeat with a new diagram with simple content such as one use Class shape? If the problem is project -dependent, would you mind providing us your project file to test? Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Jick

I have tried both sequence diagrams and class diagrams. The problem is the same with both diagrams.

If I delete the Thumbs.db file in the image directory and choose “Insert > Image > From file” in Word then the same problem occurs when Word is just scanning the directory and a new Thumbs.db is being created.

I have tried converting one of the diagrams with the problem from JPEG to JPEG using Microsoft Paint. That is just open it in Paint and the save it again in the same format. Then the problem is gone.

So it could look like it is a problem with the export of images.
untitled.vpp

Hello jkc,

We will investigate this problem, and come back to you with our findings. Thank you for your help so far! :smiley: :smiley:

Best regards,
Jick

I have an update to this problem.

I have now purchased a couple of licenses for VP for UML and after I installed a non-evaluation license the problem has disappeared.

Hope this helps in locating the problem.

Hi jkc,

It’s a good news that the problem does not exist in your updated tool (it should be fixed in the latest build already).
If there are inquiries in the future, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I will, thank you.

And thanks for Your responses.

Hi jkc,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong