Workaround: Windows XP throws a string out of bounds exception during install

Version 1.1 build 20060625

If you get the exception just re-install but uncheck the option to create the .vpp file association, the install should then run to completion.

You can create the association manually by opening ‘My Computer’, choosing the ‘Tools->Folder Options…’ menu item, clicking on the ‘File Types’ tab from the top of the ‘Folder Options’ Dialog and creating a new association for extension ‘vpp’ that launches

\bin\Business Process Visual ARCHITECT 1.1.exe

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for your post. Is there any log file being produced? If so, could you send me to take a look? By the way, are you able to repeat this problem? I tried install by checking/unchecking the ‘extension association’ option, both without problems.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

I filed a bug report with the install log attached, I believe Rain Wong will have the details, I was a little pushed for time so didn’t investigate further however I’ve had another look and the problem is repeatable, it’s also an index arithmetic error so you should be able to reproduce it if the last directory in the install path is three characters or less, eg “c:\program files\bpa”, which was actually a typo on my part since I meant to do “…\bpva”, so there you go, I caught one :twisted:

[quote=Jick]Hi Kenny,

Thank you for your post. Is there any log file being produced? If so, could you send me to take a look? By the way, are you able to repeat this problem? I tried install by checking/unchecking the ‘extension association’ option, both without problems.

Best Regards,
Jick[/quote]

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for your reply. We can now repeat the problem by changing the name of the last directory to three characters or less. Our engineers are now fixing this problem. Sorry for causing you any inconveniences.

Best Regards,
Jick