XMI Imprt / Export

Hello Support; Hello Rain,

A customer of mine evaluates your product. He plans to design Microsoft ActiveDirectory (AD)-SchemaClasses with VP-UML.

So we export the designed Class Model to XMI. Alter and add some ‘Tagged Values’ into the XMI file and import it again for further design refinements.
This step is repeated till final design is reached.
To desing ‘Linked Attributes’ in AD we use a simple UML Assoziations.
Everything works nearly fine.

But today we found (perhaps) a bug in the Export to XMI engine.
If we design an Assoziation with VP-UML (5.0 and 5.1), we could set a Property called ‘Referenced Attibute’ (Dialog: Assoziation End Spezification).
If we export the Model to XMI and import it into a new project, we loose the ‘Referenced Attribute’ value. After import it has the value ‘Unspecified’

We need this information to genearte a correct LDIF-File, because we have to know which attribute of an AD Class are linked together (Link and Backlink Attribute).

Questions:
Is this really a bug?
If Yes, What’s the timeframe to resolve the bug?
If No, Is there a workaround?

Till today SDE was the prefered Tool, but this ‘bug’ could change my customers mind…(tomorrow there’s a meeting in which they decide which Tool they will buy)

thans

Walter Pfab

Dear Walter,

Thank you for your message. I’ve forwarded your problem to our engineers to follow-up. Once there are any feedbacks, I’ll comeback to you immediately. I can say we will do it ASAP. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

Dear Walter,

The XMI import/export problem has been identified and our engineers now working on it. I’ll send you the hot fix once it was ready. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

Dear Walter,

The missing referenced attribute in XMI import/export problem has been fixed. I’ve send you the hot fix via private message. Please download and have a try. If you have any other needs, please let me know!

Best regards,
Rain