Hibernate version and extensions

Hi,

I have looked at the documentation of VP UML (actually I don’t own VP UML yet, but considering it). Before I test, I’d like to get some information on the ORM generation tool for java.

Seems like VP-UML is using its own orm library, based on hibernate.

• Why aren’t we using hibernate jars ?
  • What is the current hibernate version used ?
  • How is it possible to upgrade if hibernate version changes ?
  • say I want to use additional modules, like Jboss Envers for easy auditing. I basically requires new annotations (@Audited) and a corresponding jar (compatible with hibernate 3.3). How can we configure this in VP UML ?

Best regards.

Fabien

Hello Fabien,

Thank you for your message and for your questions:

• Why aren’t we using hibernate jars ?
    As you understand our ORM is based on hibernate. Our orm.jar include all the things in hibernate jar. And we provided are some add-on features like better collection handling.
  • What is the current hibernate version used ?
    We are now on hibernate 3.3.2
  • How is it possible to upgrade if hibernate version changes ?
    We do not prefer user upgrade the hibernate version manually because this may causing conflict to the generated ORM layer source code.
  • say I want to use additional modules, like Jboss Envers for easy auditing. I basically requires new
    annotations (@Audited) and a corresponding jar (compatible with hibernate 3.3). How can we
    configure this in VP UML ?
    You can define the extra annotations inside the specification dialog (under Java Annotations tab). And the jars you needed can simply add to your build path (i.e. in your IDE) after you generate code from VP.

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Best regards,
Rain

Is hibernate Enver now supported in your current version 15?

Hi,

Envers is not supported but you can still add custom @Audited annotation and include envers jar to the generated code.