java.lang.NullPointerException

Hello Lillian,

unfortunately joining an online meeting isn’t possible for me because of company policy…
Anyway, I’m able to import Rose .mdl-files now thanks to your help. I think this will do for me so far.

Greetings
Kerstin

Hi Kerstin,

Thanks for replying. In this case, would you mind capturing a flash movie for us to take a look at the problem? Also, could you please run VP-UML in debug mode for collecting debug messages? Thanks in advance!

FYI, you may use the software “Wink” to capture a flash movie and then upload to us at http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/UserUpload/?&&path=Kerstin/
Wink can be downloaded at Wink - [Homepage]

For running VP-UML in debug mode, please download the debug.bat file attached below. After that, please put the debug.bat inside VPSuite/bin folder and double-click on the batch file to run VP-UML.
Please repeat you problem in debug mode and then send us the “debug.txt” generated in the bin folder to us (or upload to the above upload link).

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong
debug.bat

Hi Kerstin,

I would like to follow-up the problem of saving project after imported .cat files, was the problem solved now?

If not, would you mind capturing a flash movie and run VP-UML in debug mode for collecting more information for our investigation? Details please refer to the above post, thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

[quote=Kerstin]Hello,

I’ve got problems saving a visual paradigma (vp) project: I’ve imported CAT-files resp. a MDL-File from Rational Rose into vp containing more than 1350 class diagrams and some sequence diagrams. Everything works fine until I’m trying to save the vp project file, which yields the following java error:

And saving the procejt isn’t possible at all. The log-File lists:
[Wed Jun 04 17:04:31 CEST 2008] [warning] java.lang.NullPointerException
at v.ihkb.f(:208)
at v.ihkb.i(:172)
at v.ibdj.i(:326)
at v.irhf.i(:214)
at v.ipaw.f(:2089)
at v.ipaw.saveModel(:2068)
at v.ipaw.f(:2105)
at v.icyp.i(:135)
at v.icyp.i(:47)
at v.ipvn.f(:48)
at v.izdd.i(:926)
at v.ieru.i(:843)
at v.ieru.f(:918)
at v.iweg.in(:2591)
at v.iacn.run(:50)

I tried reducing the number of class diagrams to something round about 650, which works fine for saving the project, but isn’t what I actually intend to do…

Is there a limit in the number of diagrams vp projects are able to save? Does a workaround exist for saving such “big” vp projects? Or migth there some other things be wrong?

I’m using:
Visual Paradigma 6.2 (Build sp1_20080417) Standard Edition
J2SE Dev. Kit 5.0_12
J2SE Runtime 5.0_12

Thanks for help or any advices :smiley:

Kerstin[/quote]

[quote=Kerstin]Hello,

I’ve got problems saving a visual paradigma (vp) project: I’ve imported CAT-files resp. a MDL-File from Rational Rose into vp containing more than 1350 class diagrams and some sequence diagrams. Everything works fine until I’m trying to save the vp project file, which yields the following java error:

I tried reducing the number of class diagrams to something round about 650, which works fine for saving the project, but isn’t what I actually intend to do…

Is there a limit in the number of diagrams vp projects are able to save? Does a workaround exist for saving such “big” vp projects? Or migth there some other things be wrong?

I’m using:
J2SE Dev. Kit 5.0_12
J2SE Runtime 5.0_12

Kerstin[/quote]

[quote=Kerstin]Hello,

I’m using:
J2SE Dev. Kit 5.0_12
J2SE Runtime 5.0_12

Kerstin[/quote]

[quote=Kerstin]Hello,

I’m using:
J2SE Dev. Kit 5.0_12
J2SE Runtime 5.0_12

Kerstin[/quote]

getting a nullpointer lang exception error when trying to run an application on a nokia n86…please help