Each commitment must be repeated 3 times:
1st - first commit (not commiting every change),
2nd - few changes left to commit,
3rd - to make sure that “Nothing was changed since last commit”

it’s annoying and it multiplies versions unnecessarily

VP v16.2 and server v16.2

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your post. Do you have any ideas what are the changes left to commit in the second round? Could you post some screenshots of the Commit window? Thank you.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

+1, same behavior for me. I will investigate the remaining changes next time.

Hi,
Unfortunately I didn’t found any rule. Each time it’s regular commit window.

Hi Robert,

After commit, did you receive any message saying the diagram is patched / modified? Could you upload a screenshot of the Commit window?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hello everybody,
some screens below. Maybe checkout time is a problem…

best regards,
Pawel

Hi Pawel and other users,

Has this always been an issue or did it start happening recently? If the latter, did you update Visual Paradigm recently?

Pawel, could you upload your log file to our repository for us to check further? You can export the log file from the About window (Help > About). Here is the URL of the upload folder:

https://files2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/s/yYtuUFSMbOhDBOQ
Password: fogib92k2344387

Only Visual Paradigm staff has access to this folder.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Yes, the functionality “diagram patched” could be the source of this issue. What’s the reason that after commit VP is changing something by him self? and how to disable this?
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply. A diagram is patched to fix the visual problem that happens after a commit, which is likely the result of having multiple members making changes in the same shape. May I know if you are working as a team and if yes, did your teammate edit the same diagram before? If no, the diagram patch could have been applied falsely and I shall let our engineers know and check further.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi, I have tested and it is not related to simultaneous editing.
It’s definitely unnecessary patching.

Robert

Thank you. I will let our engineers know about it.

Hi Robert,

After a while of testing, I found by resizing a Data shape and perform a commit, a diagram patch may run afterwards, which causes the shape to be modified. I am not sure if this is your case but I will still ask our engineers to take a look.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi,
with a combination of moved data shape and simultaneous editing, i had to make three commits:

1. Changes: new attributes in two classes and moved Class-shape in Class Diagram
  2. Commit the changes with update from other source (but in my opinion not in the same diagram)
  3. Window marked with *, so another commit (only with the Class-shape, no model elements)
  4. Reopening the diagram, “diagram patched”-message, so the third commit was necessary

(VP (Build 20210320ar))

Hi Guido,

Thank you for your steps. Our engineers will review your case along with the other cases reported under this post. Meanwhile, I have just set this issue to a higher priority. We will keep monitoring its status and post here when there is any update.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Is there any update on this? I sent the same issue to customer service last week.

Let me check with our engineers…