"a" sign in UseCase diagram

Hi all,
Just wonder what is the small “a” sign near the actors and use cases
and how can I manage to delete/add such “a” from the diagram

Thanks
N

Use case a.PNG

[quote=nivawen]Just wonder what is the small “a” sign near the actors and use cases
and how can I manage to delete/add such “a” from the diagram[/quote]
The ‘a’ marks the so called “auxiliary view”. Within Visual Paradigm (“VP”) you can re-use model elements within multiple diagrams. This can be especially helpful when you’ve added (meta-)data to those elements and somewhere along the road things change. Instead of having to edit every diagram in your project you only need to edit one model element after which your changes will get propagated across all the other diagrams. Of course provided you re-used the model elements.

So the ‘a’ marks, as said, is the auxiliary view. This means that your initial (“master”) element still resides somewhere else. That will be marked with an ‘M’. These markers only appear once you actually re-used an element and they can be turned off if you’d like. Either by the “Model indicator” option on the ‘view’ toolbar or by right-clicking in your diagram, finding the “Presentation options” section and you’ll find the option “Always Show Model Element Indicators” listed there.

Hope this helped!

Thanks a lot!

You’re welcome :wink:

If you want to know even more about all this, I also wrote a guide in the mean time:

Hope this can help too :slight_smile: