Actors line is missing from standard UC Descrption template

Actors are one of the primary elements in an use case description and should not be missing.
Although easy for user to remedy, this is a basic problem that needs to be corrected prior to deployment of product.

Dear Lilia,

Thanks for your message. Could you tell me more details about your problems on actors and use case description?

Best regards,
Rain

Rain,
Actors are an integral part of UCs. They’re defined by the relationship lines on the UC Model in relationship to the Use Case.

A use case description without actors is impossible. The default use case description template must include an actor section in addition to the other items it includes.

In the world of VP4, the fields in the UC description template were pre-populated by the software from the UC Model diagram, including actors & UC Name. If this is impossible because the UC Description is now a separate document template, I can live with that.

However, I must insist that the template include a line to populate actors on, albeit manually.

Hope this explains my cryptic message.

Lilia

Dear Lilia,

Thanks for you suggestion. The Actor field will be added to the default use case description template. I’ll notify you once the next RC has been deployed. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain