Add Related Model Elements

Initial Situation:
I have several use cases in my model that are used in more than one diagram.
These use cases typically have several actors or included/extended relations to other use cases.
Relations are listed in the use case specification in tab ‘Relations’ (see screenshot)

Question:
Is there a way to automatically add all related model elements to a diagram?
If a shape, e.g. a use case, would provide an option “Add Related Model Elements”, VP-UML should add all related model elements to the diagram.

If you take a look at the screenshot, i would get the six actors added to my use case diagram…

/planetenxin

Add Related Model Elements.png

Hi Planetenxin,

Thanks for your post. The build you are using is VP-UML 6.3 SP1 or older, right?
In VP-UML 6.4 (current version) we support visualizing related model elelments already, you will find a menu item “Visualize Related Model Element…” in the model popup menu. And you can choose to visualize related model(s) on the diagram.

If you purchase a license, you can send me your existing license key so that I can check if you can upgrade to the current version.
**Please send the license key to lilian@visual-paradigm.com

If you are evaluating our product, you can download the VP Suite 3.4 installer and request a new evaluation key from the Download site in our website ( Download Visual Paradigm. Try it FREE ).

If you need any help, please let me know!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

visualize_related_model_element.png

Hi Lilian,

i’ll update immediately. Thank you very much for your help.

/planetenxin

Hi Planetenxin,

You are welcome. :smiley:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong