Agilian won't start the help-system

After I installed Agilian it said that the Help-System was not installed.So i chose to let it download it. Agilian downloaded the file and wanted me to restart the program in order to make the help work. So I restarted it, but when I clicked on ‘Agilian Standard Edition Help’ nothing happened. So I reinstalled it, downloaded the ‘vpuml-help.jar’ by myself and chose the other available option ( to install the help from my local drive ) . It was installed and I restarted again, clicked the help-button, but again : nothing happened. So what can I do, to make the help-system work ?

Best regards
Patrick Metz

Hello Patrick.

I regret that currently the help system is not available on Agilian. It will be available in the coming SP1 release (around Feb). I’ll keep you informed on any news about the release. Once again, sorry about this.

Meanwhile, you can visit our official site for the documentation of Agilian:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/documentation/#ag

Best regards,
Jick

Hi, I’m a new user & have just installed Agilian (Build SP1 20070302) & had the same message as Patrick - to download the help file & that it would be available upon restarting Agilian. This didn’t seem to work.

User error or did SP1 not enable the help file?

Thanks & regards

Keith…

Hello Keith,

Sorry about the problem. This will be fixed in the coming release. I will inform you once it is ready.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Thanks for responding. It seems that I have solved the problem.

I noticed that even with my full licence that Agilian was still in evaluation mode. I re-installed from 20070310 release from the customer service download area; selecting the HTML help download from the installer & this was downloaded successfully. (On the first evaluation installation I had to download the help file when I first tried to use it, so maybe that was something?).

After installation I still had the evaluation copy suffix on the application title & PDF report output, so I cleared out the evaluation licence keys, even though they hadn’t expired. This solved the evaluation copy issue and I also have an HTML help system triggered by the help buttons!

I didn’t try to open the help file before stripping out the evaluation licence keys, so these issues may not be connected. It might be worth looking into whether the evaluation licence status and/or leaving the documentation download option in the installer check-boxes affects the help feature?

Kind regards

Keith…

Hello Keith,

Thank you for your advice. Actually the problem was due to Agilian attempted to find the Help Contents at a wrong location. I am not sure if the same URL is being used by the installer, but anyway, this issue is fixed now. Thank you very much for your post.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Keith,

I am happy to inform you that the problem of missing Agilian help is fixed. Please run the updater to advance to the latest release that contain the fix. You can find the updater inside $vp-suite-install-dir/bin .

If there are any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jick Yeung