All SDE options disabled?

I’ve just installed the SDE (community edition) in Netbeans 4.1, but all of the SDE-related options in the Tools menu are disabled.

I’ve imported my license file by running VP for UML once. It stated the license was valid for both UML and SDE.

Are there any other steps needed to enable the SDE in Netbeans?

Dear DaanS,

Thank you for your message. Please note that the NetBeans project must be created before launching SDE. If the problem persists, could you please send me some screenshots about your problem? And if possible, please also send me the vp.log file. You can find the vp.log file inside the bin directory of NetBeans. Please send those files to rain@visual-paradigm.com or through private message. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

Please note that the NetBeans project must be created before launching SDE.

Are you referring to a standard netbeans project (e.g. a java project) or a special SDE project type? If it’s the latter, I’m also missing it.

Fortunately, I’ve found that an apparantly working SDE menu is available by right-clicking on a node in the Projects or Files view (possibly others too, haven’t checked them all). I’m sending a screenshot of both this menu and the (still disfunct) one in the menubar, as well as the vp.log.

Dear Daan,

Thanks for your screenshots. The problem is caused by you haven launch the SDE after opening the NetBeans/NetBeans project. The SDE and NetBeans works in parallel. You have to launch the SDE by selecting Tools > SDE CE-NB > Open SDE CE-NB. After launching the SDE, the menu options will be enabled. Please note that the Update UML Model and Update Code are not supported in the Community Edition. Please use Professional Edition or above for the above features.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

Ah, I believe I’ve found the problem.

It seems to me that the SDE menu options are only available when a node in the projects view (possibly some other views too, didn’t test) has focus. This implies that 1) the menu’s are unavailable directly after startup and 2) the menu’s are unavailble while the editor window (and probably others too) has focus.

[quote=Anonymous]Ah, I believe I’ve found the problem.

It seems to me that the SDE menu options are only available when a node in the projects view (possibly some other views too, didn’t test) has focus. This implies that 1) the menu’s are unavailable directly after startup and 2) the menu’s are unavailble while the editor window (and probably others too) has focus.[/quote]

Sorry, this message was mine. I forgot to log in.

Dear Daan,

I think we can identify the problem now. I’ve forward this thread to our engineers to follow up. And I’ll come back to you once there are any feedbacks. Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Rain