An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

Hi, I’m under Linux (Ubuntu 20.04) and I’ve installed Java 11 :

$ java -version
openjdk version “11.0.11” 2021-04-20
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.11+9-Ubuntu-0ubuntu2.20.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.11+9-Ubuntu-0ubuntu2.20.04, mixed mode, sharing)
$ javac -version
javac 11.0.11

When I’m running Visual Paradigm, it’s openning but I get this message :

~/Programs/Visual_Paradigm_CE_16.3$ sh Visual_Paradigm
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by v.bys.dr (file:(…)/Programs/Visual_Paradigm_CE_16.3/Application/lib/vpplatform.jar) to constructor javax.swing.text.GlyphPainter1()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of v.bys.dr
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Is it a known bug, or would you have an idea from where the problem ?

Hi Wanboo,

Thank you for your inquiry. Our engineers are reviewing your case. When there any update, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Wanboo,

First of all, the message is not harmful. Don’t worry. We will see if anything we can do to remove the message.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Thank you very much for your answer ! I take this opportunity to ask you, is there any other way to launch Visual Paradigm in Linux, than this Terminal command, sh Visual_Paradigm ? I did’nt find any.

Hi Wanboo,

Thank you for your reply. You can also run the start up script here:

${VP-Install-Folder}\scripts\VisualParadigm.sh

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick, thank you for your answer. I don’t know if it can help, but I tried, and it brings a new line in addition to the previous ones :

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 8.0

Best regards

Hi Wanboo,

Thank you for your reply. That should not be a problem. Are you able to start the application now?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick, thank you for your answer. This is ok, with both scripts Visual Paradigm is starting.
Keep me informed if there is any update about the Warning message, but in the meantime, as you told, it’s not harmful.
Best regards