Application crashes on almost every mouseclick

I cannot imagine how such thing is possible, but the Application crashes on nearly every mouseclick. No messagebox or failure warning, the appication just disappears. I’m using the Windows version of VP UML 6.0 CE SP2.

Is it possible that a second graphiccard couses this problem? Because i have used the “old” version (18.12.2006) before and it worked fine. After installing a second graphiccard i have had the same problem.
vp.log

Hi Seyko,

Thank you for your post. Could you post the VM log file here? You can find it under the bin folder of ${vp-suite-install-dir}/bin. It should be named as hs_err_pid####.log

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

sorry, but i don’t have such a file (i have search the whole harddisc).

Seyko

Dear Seyko,

Thank you for your message. Can I schedule an online meeting with you to take a look at this problem? The online meeting will be held over a secure connection. If you can join the meeting, please let me know when you will be available and what time zone are you in.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

i think i have found the problem.

As i said i have installed 2 graphiccards with 3 monitors connected. If i disable the 3rd monitor (which is connected to the 2nd graphiccard) everything seems to be ok.

Just for interest i enabled the 3rd monitor again while vp was still running, and everything is ok.

It looks like there is a bug in the Java Runtime at startup.

Best regards,
Seyko

Hi Jick,

i just found a better solution for me. Instead of disabling the monitor at VP startup i set the hardwareaccelleration for the 2nd graphiccard (GeForce4 MX 440, maybe it’s to old?) to “none” in the display settings.

Because i am not a gamer i think that is the best way for me.

Seyko

Thanks Seyko :slight_smile: