Does anyone know what is the effect of setting the association end ownership from “association” to “classifier” on
the code that gets generated?
In other words,
- I start with an empty diagram
- I create class A and class B
- I connect A and B with an association A-B
- the association end at A is named as a
- the association end at B is named as b
- the association end ownership for a is set to class B (by default it is set to the association A-B itself)
- I generate Java code for this diagram
How does the generated code now differs if I omit step 5 ? I.e. if I use the default value ?
What is the meaning of setting the association end ownership of a to class B ? What difference does it make ?
ps.: here is the corresponding question with pictures at stackoverflow :