Avoiding moving Package

Hi,

is there a way to avoid users to move packages without confirmation ?

thanks again.

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for your post. Do you mean moving the package within Model Explorer or on the diagram? Could you please give more details of what do you expect?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Yes in the model.

Some people does often drag’n drop by mistake…

thanks

Arnaud

HI Arnaud,

Thanks for replying. I suggest you organize the model elements with Model (right-click on the project node in Model Explorer and select Model in the popup menu) and packages, so you can open specific Model or package during modeling. I think this can lessen the possibility of mistakenly move the model elements to a wrong place, at least you just need to figure out the moved model element and re-locate it within the Model instead of the entire project.

You can refer to the following resources page for organizing model elements with Model:
http://resources.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/uml-tut/34-tut/124-organize-model-ele-w-model.html

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

That’s already what we have done.

But some people are nervous with the mouse :wink: and move are well ordanated model. They ask for a confirmation message when moving by mistake a package (from one model to another or from a parent parent package to another).

thanks

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for replying. Model Explorer is designed for easy moving of elements for structure organization, it’ll be annoying if we show confirmation message when user try to move model element inside Model Explorer, and it against the handy design of Model Explorer.

I think you can even close the Model Explorer when you do not need it, then re-open it when need (re-open by View > Panes > Model Explorer).

Best regards,
Lilian Wong