Bad Constants for Aggregation Kind

I have noticed that, in version 16.2 (Build 20210301), the constant AGGREGATION_KIND_SHARED is set to "Aggregation" instead of "Shared".

This is a problem specially because Visual Paradigm sets the blank diamond symbol in UML’s aggregation to "Shared".

Hi claudenirmf,

Thank you for the question and the answer to another post. I have forwarded your question to our engineers to follow up. When there is any update, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi claudenirmf,

An update has been made in response to the case you reported. Here are the changes made:

• The old constants below are deprecated:
    AGGREGATION_KIND_NONE, AGGREGATION_KIND_AGGREGATION, AGGREGATION_KIND_SHARED, AGGREGATION_KIND_COMPOSITED

• New constants are added:
    AGGREGATION_KIND_shared, AGGREGATION_KIND_composite, AGGREGATION_KIND_none

Use the constants above as parameter of setAggregationKind. getAggregationKind() will return a value that’s either AGGREGATION_KIND_shared, AGGREGATION_KIND_composite or AGGREGATION_KIND_none

To get the change, update your installation to the latest patch build (16_3_20210540aa or higher). The article below shows you the steps:

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Thanks, @Jick .

Question: will this fix break if the plugin is installed in an older version of Visual Paradigm? If that’s the case I won’t be able to use the new constants for now.