Before You Upgrade to Agilian 11 Standard

Rather unbelievably they have removed the wireframe from standard. Apparently because they have put that into the user experience tool in the enterprise version. :x

I follow the Scrum method for the most part, so it was already a bit of stretch to justify the annual maintenance fee when all I used was the UML models, BPMN, ERD, and Wireframe. When a company plays a game like removing functionality without reducing price (nor giving much of a warning), then I start to look elsewhere.

I was at the office yesterday and popped open my recently updated project to create a new UI diagram and the function was gone. I thought I had lost my mind until I got home and looked in my version 10, and there it was.

I know what I’m going to do now, and I’m not about to tell anyone what they should or shouldn’t do. I guess the response will depend on relative importance to what you do, and how irritating it is to have a company just arbitrarily remove a function and then expect you to pay triple to get it back.

Hi jleecbd,

Thank you for your message and we’re sorry about the confusion you have. The disabling of User Interface Diagram in Agilian Standard Edition is actually a bug and our engineers are now fixing it. A patch will be available very soon.

Regarding to the new Wireframe feature in Agilian Enterprise, I would like to take this opportunity to explain a little bit. The new Wireframe feature is far more advanced then the existing User Interface Diagram which you are using. It not just allow you to model the appearance of the desktop or web applications, but also for portable devices such as iPhone and Android platforms. Besides, instead of modeling a single snapshot of the screen, wireframe allows you to model the state changes of the user interface. And with the multiple states support, you can attach wireframe to the Use Case’s Flow of Events to construct the screen flow for use case scenarios. This allows you/stakeholder to feel how the application will work by playback the screen flow. You can find out more details about the scenario-based wireframe at

http://www.viswiser.com/tricks/how_to_create_scenariobased_wireframe.html

I do strongly recommend you have a try on wireframe. You can drop me an email (support-team@visual-paradigm.com) if you need any help in trying this new feature.

Once again we’re so sorry about the confusion you have and I will let you know once the patch for enabling the User Interface Diagram is ready. Feel free to contact me if you need any help.

Best regards,
Rain Wong