BPMN - Why do sometimes I see the entire text and others it gets cut?

Hi,

I have a question.

Why do save a BPMN diagram with an activity that has text wrapped in two lines (like the example below), and then when I reopen the same BPMN diagram, I got the text on the activity cut off with three dots ?

14%20AM

This is slowing me down considerable because I need to export the diagrams to get approval from the customer, and as I need to correct the process, I find that the process is not in the same status I left it.

Thank you

Do you draw and reopen the BPMN diagram across different operation system?

even same font setting, different operation system will present it in different size
and it will cause three dots in some cases (specific fit-size)

if it is your case,
we suggest work on same operation system or resize the shape a little larger.

in facts, I have tested your case (default font, 140px width, 40px height)
if draw in Linux, save and reopen in Windows will have three dots.
if draw in Windows, save and reopen in Linux won’t have three dots.
It is due to Windows is a little larger than Linux

Negative Roy.

I use exclusively my Mac.

We are sorry for the problem you experienced.
The problem can reproduce in our testing environment.
Our engineers will continue investigate on it and I’ll keep you post once there are any feedback.
Feel free to contact me for any help and wish you have a good day!

Hi filipepinto,

I would like to let you know the model element caption not fully shown problem had been fixed. Please update the software to latest patch build (sp1_20180215bh or later) to get the problem fixed. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

** Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

Please note that yo may still need to resize those affected model elements a bit to have its caption fully shown, and with this patch it will avoid the problem appear again.

Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Negative.

I’m always apply the latest VP releases.

The issue is still there.

May I know what is the build number of VP you now using?