Break line in description

Hi
How could I break line in description diagram elements? For example, when I make use case diagram and actor name is long, when I hit Enter to break line, it not work (it ends description). I work in VP-UML Comunity Edition 6.3.

Thanks
Luk

Hi Luk,

Thanks for your post. You can configure a new line by Ctrl+Enter keys when entering shape name.

This key setting can be changed in Tools > Options… > Diagramming > Shape (please refer to the image below). More details about entering name in multiple lines can be found at http://resources2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/features-diagram/52-diagram/73-name-multi-line.html

If there is any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

wrap_text.png

I’ve got the same problem in methods in class diagrams with lots of parameters/long names. Your solution simply doesn’t work

Hi EmaRomano,

Thank you for your inquiry. It is true that some of the editing functions will behave differently for different shapes to yield a better user experience. Line wrapping is one of these functions. For class methods, currently, we only support auto wrapping. Please try to right click on your class and select Presentation Options > Class Members > Wrap Members, see if this can support your need. If no, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung