Business modeling & requirements

Can I attach requirements to BPMN tasks?
I’d like to show requirements as needs of organization’s business tasks performers.

E.g. The task “Salesman accepts an order” implies some requirements to order management system, like “System registers orders”.

Probably the wrong forum (see BP Architect) but would it not be like BPMN are the requirements?

Hi Jacenty,

Thank you for your suggestion.

When you say ‘requirement’, do you mean requirement in Requirement Diagram (SysML)? Also, how the addition of requirement will be beneficial to you?

Best regards,
Jick

Probably the wrong forum (see BP Architect) but would it not be like BPMN are the requirements?

You’re right, wrong forum, but business task are not requirements. Smetimes one requirement expresses needs of many business tasks (e.g. “System allows registering acitivity” requirement for CRM system can derive from “Conatacting customer”, “Preparing an offer”, “Signing agreement” business tasks), sometimes one business task implies many requirements (event for different systems).

When you say ‘requirement’, do you mean requirement in Requirement Diagram (SysML)?

Yes, I do. The need of linking requirements with business task comes from idea, that you should describe the organization first (BPMN diagrams) and then identify their expectations to IT systems (requirements). It would be nice to have traceability between these two things.

Sorry for some mistakes. Of course “even for different systems”, not “event for different systems”.
Maybe more clear would be “System allows registering salesman acitivities” than “System allows registering acitivity”.

Hi Jacenty,

I will pass your feature request on to our development team for feasibility studies. Thank you very much.

I will post here if/when we will support this.

Best regards,
Jick