C++ Reverse engineering - parsing errors during class diagram creation

Dear Sir/Madam

I am evaluating VP for UML Professional Edition. I was interested in C++ Reverse engineering feature. I have tried to create a class diagram from a large C++ project but the diagram is incomplete because of many parsing errors. Those error only differ by the end of the error message. Examples are:
[Error] Unable to read file: <path to header file 1>. Parse error at line 67, column 105. Encountered: )
[Error] Unable to read file: <path to header file 2>. Parse error at line 141, column 26. Encountered: throw
[Error] Unable to read file: <path to header file 3>. Parse error at line 48, column 1. Encountered: public
[Error] Unable to read file: <path to header file 4>. Parse error at line 62, column 31. Encountered: ELEMTYPE

I have got hundreds of such errors (yes, it is a big open source project), each of them seems to end the parsing process for the file and does not include classes declared there into the diagram.
Is there any way I can deal with it? Thank you in advance for any help :slight_smile:

Krzysztof

Hi Krzysztof,

Thank you for your post. Could you send us your code for producing the problem? If you mind posting here, you can submit a ticket with your code files attached. Here is the URL:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/support/technicalsupport.jsp

Best regards,
Jick Yeung