Cannot install Smart Development Environment 2.0 for Netbean 2.0

Hi,
I have downloaded Smart Development Environment for Netbean 2.0 (VP_Suite_Windows_1_0_20041218.exe), but I could not get it installed. The installer kept telling me to define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to JRE or JDK location.

My java home is c:\java\j2sdk1.4.2

I have tried several times with these ways:

EXE4J_JAVA_HOME=c:\java\j2sdk1.4.2
EXE4J_JAVA_HOME=c:\java\j2sdk1.4.2\bin
EXE4J_JAVA_HOME=c:\java\j2sdk1.4.2\jre\bin\

However, the problem has not been solved. Please instruct me how should I do now?

Thanks

install4j.gif

Hi,
I have downloaded Smart Development Environment for Netbean 2.0 (VP_Suite_Windows_1_0_20041218.exe), but I could not get it installed. The installer kept telling me to define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to JRE or JDK location.

My java home is c:\java\j2sdk1.4.2

I have tried several times with these ways:

EXE4J_JAVA_HOME=c:\java\j2sdk1.4.2
EXE4J_JAVA_HOME=c:\java\j2sdk1.4.2\bin
EXE4J_JAVA_HOME=c:\java\j2sdk1.4.2\jre\bin\

My system is Windows XP SP2, Netbeans IDE 4.0.

However, the problem has not been solved. Please instruct me how should I do now?

Thanks

install4j.gif

Dear Meo,

Currently SDE for NetBeans does not support NetBeans 4.0, we are sorry that the system requirements in our website does not clarify this issue, we will correct this as soon as possible.

Regards,

Antony.

Hi antony,

Thanks for your reply. However, I am not sure if you have understood my question as I said it issued the error message when I did install (check my attachment please). I mean it even have not checked out which netbeans version are installed. Therefore, this must be another problem. Moreover, I also tried the earlier version of netbeans but it was exactly what I have predicted: the same error message. So please check again if possible.

Thanks a lot.

1.GIF

Dear Meo,

Sorry for being so careless. We will check this problem and provide a solution for you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Antony.

L.S.,

At least i found out why the SDE for NetBeans does not work, since i am also using version 4.0 (i can, at least, install SDE for NetBeans).

My question is very simple, can you give an estimate on how and when NetBeans 4.0 will be supported for the SDE ? I am currently using WASD 5.1, but i would like to use your software also ‘privatly’, by buying the modeller edition, and i can not use WASD at home…

Any hint would be usefulll.

I would also suggest that you add a meaningfull message in case you encounter platforms for which support is (not yet) available. In my case, when starting SDE for NetBeans, nothing seems to be happening, and i did not have a clue as to wether it had failed, was waiting for NetNeans to be started or …

Regards,

Fabien Dumay

This dows not look like a problem with netbeans but with the installer. I am having the same problem as noted in the prior message on this forum.

– Bryan

hi! I’m having exactly the same problem (EXE4J_JAVA_HOME), besides, I’ve setup JAVA_HOME and it doesn’t work neither…
My setup is:
Windows XP Professional SP2, 256Mb ram
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05 and Eclipse 3.0.1

I’ve tried the “No install” links, but they take me to… the user guide!!

Hope you can help us to solve this problem…

Regards,
Mart

Dear Fabien,

Thank you for your support. We will release a new version of SDE-NB that supports NetBeans 4.0, which should release on February.

And thank you for your suggestion, we will provide more meaningful responses when the installation is failed.

Regards,

Antony.

Dear Martin,

We are still investigating the problem, and we will soon provide the “No Install” setup option for users.

Regards,

Antony.

I have the same problem :frowning: with the installer :
EXE4J_JAVA_HOME not defined to point to JRE or JDK location
Thanks to find a solution.

I got the error when when i tried to start IntelliJ Idea. It seems the problem is not IDE specific.

Hi user,

Thank you for considering Visual Paradigm.

Please try installing with the No-Install version and see if it works. You can download it from the download page at:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/

In the meantime, could you please send me the install log that could be found under the temporary directory? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Jick