Can't open existing project in IntelliJ

I downloaded the plugin for IntelliJ and created a class diagram. I closed the diagram and cannot reopen it. I tried to double click on the .vpp file and the IDE does not know anything about the file type.

I tried right clicking on the project and under SDE CE-IJ, selecting “Close SDE CE-IJ” and then “Open SDE CE-IJ” and it did not help. I also closed and restarted the IDE and then selection the “Open…” again. I got the splash screen but after it went away I still could not do anything.

Perhaps I just don’t know how to open an existing project/diagram. How do I achieve that?

I’m evaluating the CE with the intent of buying one, possibly many licenses of the full version.

Hi sgilbert,

Thanks for your post. After you have started up SDE CE-IJ, there are tabs on the left and you can click the “Project Explorer” tab to switch to the panes of SDE CE-IJ (please refer to the attached image). Have you tried to click on the tab there?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

tabs_IntelliJ.png

I hadn’t noticed those tabs on the left side of the window.

That was all I needed to do. I can now get to my diagram.

You might want to take a look at your documentation packaging. I downloaded the PDF versions for IntelliJ, but it appears the document is actually for Eclipse. I did attempt to look at the documentation before posting this question.

Thanks.

Hi sgilbert,

Thanks for you reply. All the SDE softwares are using the same documentation except the SDE for Visual Studio, and the documentations are based on Eclipse (with foot notes for other SDEs).

If there are anything I can help, please feel free to contact me again.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong